cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tylerschoe
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

We had trouble registering your device. Please try again later.

I have an LG G3 that came with McAfee pre-installed.
Every time i try and log in, a message pops up and says
"We had trouble registering your device. Please try again later."
I don't know what to do. Can someone please help?!

8 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: We had trouble registering your device. Please try again later.

Moved to Mobile Products > Discussions for better assistance By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

You can of course contact Technical Support for your Mobile Products 24/7 and it s Free Services and Support for Home and Office  In addition it is quite possible our Resident Tech will pick this thread up and add to the Discussion

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
delish
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Hello There,

I have seen this issue, Even I had the same issue. The best way to resolve is to uninstall the installed version of mcafee, which came along with the mobile. Once uninstalled Reboot  the device to appy the settings. Then again download it from the play store and install the McAfee Mobile security. This will resolve the issue. But in here when you say pre installed. Let me know if this has an option to uninstall. Because most of the pre installed versions do not have uninstall option. Even if we uninstall we need to find a way to download the product - which is complicated. So lets not try these steps if we do not have a source to download the same version which was offered by the manufacturer.

Good Luck!!!

Arrow

delish
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

I have found an answer for your issue. This works perfectly, Get into the settings option >> under installed application>> select McAfee >> you will see "Uninstall updates" >> Click on it (This will uninstall all the recent updates. Once done just restart the device and then try to register. This will work perfect.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks,

Arrow

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 9

Did this work I wish to close this thread and mark it as answered if so.

premedios
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I'm getting this message constantly on my Vodafone Smart Prime 6. I keep entering the activation key then the phone number to get the verification SMS and it keeps looping. I tried your suggestion of uninstalling then rebooting but it doesn't work. My phone doesn't come reinstalled with Mcafee.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

Then I would contact Mobile Support: Services and Support for Home and Office change country at top right if needed.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Due to no activity since January 17th/2015, I am closing this thread and should you still experience any issues please start a new thread.

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community