Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murataydemir
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

Turning off in background on Android

Jump to solution

I confirmed all the permissions of Mc Afee Mobile app but it is still turning off in background on my Android (Lenovo Vibe P1) phone. I have to confirm it's permissions again. So it doesn't make auto-updates or scans. 

I have this problem since last year, it's licence has expired, i deleted the app than i bought a new licence and uploaded the app again. It still has same problem. What can i do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Re: Turning off in background on Android_

Jump to solution

Hello @murataydemir 

Obviously, Any pre installed battery saver is designed to kill the user installed applicaions, where we will not be able to exclude untill they have an option. However we will not able to fix as it's per design.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Turning off in background on Android

Jump to solution

Hi Murat, 

Can you please update the OS version &McAfee version which is installed in your phone.

murataydemir
Contributor II
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Muthu, i did it but it only worked for almost 1 week. Then again it stopped working in background. When i entered the app i see Permissions page. In this page only Accessibility box unmarked. If i mark this box app starts working in background, but as i say almost 1 week later it stops working. Can you help me?

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello @murataydemir 

Seems Power manager which is lenovo's inbuilt application is restricting McAfee usage, please white list McAfee from the list by following the below steps. 

Settings> Power manager> Background app management> McAfee

and also please enable McAfee in the below location if it's not, Settings> Security>Device administrator> Enable McAfee. 

Please let me know if you face any difficulty after removing the restrictions for McAfee. 

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

murataydemir
Contributor II
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @muthu_ganesh

I opened background app management as you say, but McAfee Security is already marked as "Allow auto start" and in Device administrators page McAfee Security's box is marked as "enable". So there isn't any restrictions for McAfee. What can i do?  

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @murataydemir 

Please let me know, whetherr battery saver &Ultimate power saver is turned off?

murataydemir
Contributor II
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @muthu_ganesh

Yes, these are turned off now, but sometimes when my battery level lows, i must turn on battery saver and rarely ultimate battery saver. Can this cause turning off McAfee? If for this reason, please make a update and fix this problem.

I will be careful about this and make a observation. If i have any problems, i will write a reply to this conversation. Thank you very much.

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello @murataydemir 

Obviously, Any pre installed battery saver is designed to kill the user installed applicaions, where we will not be able to exclude untill they have an option. However we will not able to fix as it's per design.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community