cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willysan
Former Member
Message 1 of 17

Someone stole my LG G3 and able to unlock it without my Mcafee Mobile Security PIN number

Someone stole my LG G3 from my car about 6 months ago, since then I use the mcafee mobile security to track and lock my lost LG G3 so my private data won't be accessed. I have successfully tracked and locked my LG G3 about 1 month after i lost it. Then about 2 months ago, someone who had my phone contacted me asking for my Mcafee pin number to unlock it, he also refused to return it to me. Of course I refused to give him the pin number and I knew for sure he couldn't do anything about my phone. But about 2 weeks ago, when i logged in to my account at mcafee website just to check on my lost phone, i found out that my phone was unlocked. I tried to lock it, i was successfully locked but then he was able to unlock it again.

My question is how can he unlock it if he did not have the mcafee pin number? The Mcafee Mobile Security App should able to protect my device with the mcafee pin number.

I love using LG G3 so much, that's why after i lost it, i bought another one. But since my first LG G3 can be unlocked without mcafee pin number, i doubt that mcafee mobile security can protect my data if i lost my second LG G3.

Can anyone please help me with this issue. thanks.

Message was edited by: Willy Sanjaya

16 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 17

Re: Someone stole my LG G3 and able to unlock it without my Mcafee Mobile Security PIN number

Best this in mobile area also have you called support and asked to be put through to the mobile support area.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQSearch.aspx?lc=3081&sg=TS&pt=1

select mobile security as product and follow the prompts.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 17

Re: Someone stole my LG G3 and able to unlock it without my Mcafee Mobile Security PIN number

Moved to Mobile Products

---

Peter

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 17

BTW are you sure you locked the phone again while it was turned on?  Because if it was turned off at that time the locking may not have been successful.   Did you lock it as per THIS FAQ? Also if you located it, why didn't you wipe the phone clean at that time?   You can do that from your McAfee account.   You can also track it and, depending on your Police services, have the Police locate it and pick up the thief.   They only need the phone number and the IMEI ID number of that phone.

But as PK has stated, Support should be able to clarify it for you.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 17

Sorry forgot about that mate (the moving that is )

willysan
Former Member
Message 6 of 17

Ex_Brit wrote:

BTW are you sure you locked the phone again while it was turned on?  Because if it was turned off at that time the locking may not have been successful.   Did you lock it as per THIS FAQ? Also if you located it, why didn't you wipe the phone clean at that time?   You can do that from your McAfee account.   You can also track it and, depending on your Police services, have the Police locate it and pick up the thief.   They only need the phone number and the IMEI ID number of that phone.

But as PK has stated, Support should be able to,clarify it for you.

I'm sure that i locked it because the mcafee website said it was successfully locked. yesterday that guy was able to unlocked it and I just locked it again this morning. I will not be able to lock it after he found out how to uninstall the mcafee mobile app.

Well i live in indonesia, i can't get that kind of services from the police here. I know that i will not get my phone back, so i did wipe it when i tracked and locked it the first time. What i really want is for him to be unable to use my phone eventough i can not get it back.

Thanks for replying.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 17

I see.   Pity you didn't follow that FAQ first before anything else. That's too bad and I wish it could have been a better result for you.  Technical Support should be able to at least help you clarify things regarding your new phone.

You can always ask them to escalate it to a higher level if you wish.

Good luck 😉

willysan
Former Member
Message 8 of 17

Ex_Brit wrote:

I see.   Pity you didn't follow that FAQ first before anything else. That's too bad and I wish it could have been a better result for you.  Technical Support should be able to at least help you clarify things regarding your new phone.

You can always ask them to escalate it to a higher level if you wish.

Good luck 😉

I did try to contact Technical Support since the beginning, but they only offer communicating by chat-which doesn't work all the time on the website- and by phone. I've been searching all over the website and can't find any email address to contact them. Do you know any?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 17

No I can't sorry, but I wouldn't recommend email anyway as it is so slow.

The only phone I have for your support is 001 8038529716

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 17

By the way, for online chat, make sure the browser is absolutely up to date and Flash player is also the latest.  (New one is available on Adobe manual download section, don't forget it's a separate one for each browser)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community