Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GadgeUK
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

Safe Web occasionally blocks some web traffic

Hi,

I have an iPhone running iOS 14.2 and McAfee Mobile Security version 4.3 and my wife has the same.  On a few occasions now we've had to disable Safe Web as it would stop iMessage, WhatsApp, Safari and other apps from accessing the Internet.  I know a similar problem was reported with versions of Mobile Security prior to version 4.3 and this was meant to be fixed.  Just wondering if anybody else is seeing this behaviour?

Thanks,

Gary.

7 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Safe Web occasionally blocks some web traffic

Hello @GadgeUK 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please turn Off the phone and turn it On. Also, turn Off Safe Web and turn it back On. Let us know if the issue is getting fixed.

Regards,
Madhan M

GadgeUK
Contributor II
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I have already tried that and it made no difference.  I have also tried reinstalling the McAfee app and that also made no difference.  Internet access speed also seems to be very badly affected at times with pages taking considerably longer to load than they normally would.

Thanks,

Gary.

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 8

Hello @GadgeUK 

Please accept our apologies.

Our Engineering Team has identified the cause and have sorted out this issue. You should be able to browse websites and access other apps on the internet with no issues. If you still witness the issue, I would request you to turn Off and turn On the phone. Also, turn Off Safe Web and turn it back On.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,
Madhan M

GadgeUK
Contributor II
Message 5 of 8

Hi Madhan,

Thanks for the info, I'll enable Safe Web again on a couple of the devices and give it another go.  Will let you know if there are any more problems after a few days.

Thanks,

Gary.

AbnerSeward
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

The safest and most secure application is Whatsapp. I am using it to store information.

EleanorSantiag
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thank you for sharing you can download FmWhatsApp completely free here Enlace

Arnoldd
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

MCAfee application it's a very good application it prevents bad websites when I visit them thank you very much I and the developer modilimitado trust and use your application often thank you so many

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community