cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrifterGuru
Contributor III
Message 11 of 23

Re: Real Time Scanning turning itself on and scheduled scan running despite settings.

@cyberdude Thanks for the offer.

If it would help resolve the issue before I remove McAfee, I would be willing to try to resolve it.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Re: Real Time Scanning turning itself on and scheduled scan running despite settings.

Hello,

first of all thank you for reacting on my posting.

i have sent the mcafee moderator a pm message about this topic and have asked for furher assistance.

hope it will work out this time better for you.

greetings

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Hello,

update status;

i have received reply from person i sent pm for help.

he has forward message to collegue of him who is better into MacOs and can assist you further with problem.

greetings

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 23

hello,

i would like to ask if you have received assistance from mcafee mod in the meantime ?

GrifterGuru
Contributor III
Message 15 of 23

Nothing received in the way of help from McAfee and no PM either.

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 23

@GaneshR 

This user still has not received the PM promised or  any assistance with his issue.

GaneshR
Message 17 of 23

Hi @Peacekeeper 

We have sent PM to the user requesting for contact details. 

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 23

Thanks mate

GrifterGuru
Contributor III
Message 19 of 23

Two Things:

1) I will not deal with GaneshR. (They know why, or, at least, they should!).

2) I will not hand out contact details due to previous behaviours encountered on more than one prior occasion resulting in expenses to change telephone numbers as well as needing to setup replacement email accounts.

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 23

Sorry, I tried to help. Maybe another mod can PM you but if you will not allow them to talk to you it is hard to sort out. Good luck.

Had  read again of your original post. Not a Mac user but thought using Sierra an older Macos version might be an issue. The specifications of Livesafe etc seem though to support Sierra though it is the lowest version supported. I assume it's build is 4.9.1 . 

I wonder if this could be the cause and McAfee not handling this version well.. On my Windows the scans start as set but then that I not your situation.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community