cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrTechnical
Contributor II
Message 11 of 21

Re: Please tell me how to remove a device I no longer own from my LiveSafe account.

Jump to solution

The new LiveSafe interface does not have ANY provision to delete a device I no longer own from my list of protected devices.

I am given the option to rename the device.

I am given the option to reinstall LiveSafe on that device.

I am NOT given the option to delete the device from my list of protected devices.

Who was the analyst/programmer(s) assigned to re-engineer the protected devices list interface.? Have they never heard of CRUD (create, retrieve, update and DELETE)?????

If you have a way to delete a device from my list, please share it with all of us. If you have any power over your developers, please ask them to add the delete capability to the devices screen. Not having it is a totally unnecessary hassle.

Lvaerde
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: Please tell me how to remove a device I no longer own from my LiveSafe account.

Jump to solution

@Integrama 

No, all devices are still in the list.

I'm starting to think that McAfee wants to show off with a huge list of protected devices, even if they don't exist any more.

As other users have already stated, it can't be that difficult to program a "device delete button" on their site.

It's necessary to be able to have a clean device list.

Grtz

DrTechnical
Contributor II
Message 13 of 21

Jump to solution

@Lvaerde I am beginning to think that no one at McAfee uses their own product, or they would have noticed some of the things we are mentioning now.

To program an application like LiveSafe, and not provide basic data entry, update and delete capabilities is just sloppy development and analysis. I am a retired systems analyst, and my goal was to give my users even more than they desired (if possible) while not forgetting to give them what they asked for.

Is that so much to ask?

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 21

Jump to solution

Have you looked in your McAfee account. Supposedly this is where you add subtract devices not the interface.

DrTechnical
Contributor II
Message 15 of 21

Jump to solution

@Peacekeeper 

I visited my account page, where I see a "Downloads and Devices" section. When I click that, I see my devices.

But there is no way to delete a device, only rename and reinstall.

Are you looking somewhere else?

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 21

Jump to solution

No just going from what I read mods said. I have a trial (long term) and that option not there. Best to call support and they can delete them. Sorry I cannot help you.

DrTechnical
Contributor II
Message 17 of 21

Jump to solution

A user should not have to call McAfee to remove devices they no longer own. This is pathetic systems analysis to create an app that does not anticipate lost, stolen or sold devices and provide a process the account holder can use to remove them.

Very sloppy indeed. It makes me trust the product much less if the same people who decide the feature set also have control of how the app operates.

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 21

Jump to solution

Agreed will recheck my account and see what it says. Time for a mod to chime in . Good luck

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Jump to solution

under normal circumstances if you remove Livesafe from your device this will also remove the device from the account where it was installed on.

for this you need an active internet connection.

i have done a few times reinstalls and every time it removes my devices from the account.

however, i found the following service doc.

McAfee KB - How to remove or deactivate a device on home.mcafee.com (TS102122)

if for you did not have an active internet connection at the time removing mcafee you  need to contact support nowadays according to this article.

DrTechnical
Contributor II
Message 20 of 21

Jump to solution

I viewed the article you linked, but it only infuriated me further. Wait up to 90 days to have someone at McAfee remove the device?!?!? That is outrageous on its face.

I should be able to login to my McAfee account and deactivate AND remove any devices shown in my account, recognizing that deactivation and removal will mean I no longer have the McAfee service on the device. It most DEFINITELY should not require intervention by a CSR and it most DEFINITELY should not take 90 days to remove a device from my account. It should happen IMMEDIATELY.

I have disposed of quite a few PC's recently and I am certain that I uninstalled McAfee from most if not all of them, but the devices still appear on my account.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community