Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stoepsl
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Mobile security - entering the email on the start page not possible

Jump to solution

I'm trying to install McAfee mobile security on a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 mobile (Android 8.1).

On first start, the app prompts for the email address and the 6-digit PIN.

It is impossible to proceed, because the email address is marked as invalid (with message "do not use special characters in the email address").

But there are no special characters in the email address - just letters! I already tried to follow http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS102650 (as suggested as reply to my post in Google Play) but this topic deals with a different problem.

Does anyone know a solution? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mobile security - entering the email on the start page not possible

Jump to solution

Hi @Stoepsl 

We are sorry that you are unable to setup and activate McAfee Mobile Security App on your Samsung Mobile.

Please uninstall the App and then reinstall from Google Play Store. Then, try to activate with your e-mail and let us know if it works or not.

For Activation, please follow the below McAfee Article,

McAfee Mobile Security Activation Flows

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @Stoepsl 

We are sorry that you are unable to setup and activate McAfee Mobile Security App on your Samsung Mobile.

Please uninstall the App and then reinstall from Google Play Store. Then, try to activate with your e-mail and let us know if it works or not.

For Activation, please follow the below McAfee Article,

McAfee Mobile Security Activation Flows

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

denj
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Was useful to know. Mobile security is a serious issue today.Tnx for your help. I'm interested in mobile app development and found many useful info on spdload.com about developing a HIPAA mobile application.

Stoepsl
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, activation is not the problem. My product is activated on the phone.

But I still cannot complete setup. The problem is one step later in the context of entering the security PIN. Here, an e-mail address and a 6-digit PIN should be entered. 

There is a permanent issue with the field for the e-mail address. 

Whatever I enter here, always this the message is output:

"Ihre E-Mail-Adresse sollte keine Sonderzeichen enthalten"

So I cannot setup theft protection, etc.

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Hello @Stoepsl

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you referring to Anti Theft protection that you are unable to setup?

If possible, can you please provide screenshots to understand the issue better.

Regards,
Madhan M  

Stoepsl
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm referring to Anti Theft protection.

This is the page where I get stuck. Any text in the address field results in an error message.

For a screenshot, see attachment. I removed my email address but the error message is the same.

KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @Stoepsl 

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. This issue what you have mentioned may be due to space left in the email address column. I suggest you to restart the device and open McAfee application and enter the email address manually and check.

Regards,

Krithika S 

Stoepsl
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

I stopped trying out to get this running => It did not work. 

I tried out installation several times. And there was never any unsupported character - like a space - in the mail address. 

However, thanks for your support.  

Gilbert777
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Ensuring mobile security and privacy is a very important step that everyone needs to take. However, in addition to using McAfee products, you also may need to think about ensuring HIPAA-compliance. This act sets out requirements for the protection of user health-related information. Check out this guide.

garysmith
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

This would not have been possible without latest technological advancements . Thanks to the chatbot development tools that are helping developers to build Mobile security apps

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community