cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shirl01
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Mobile Security on tablet

I have A Toshiba Android Tablet with Mobile Security installed on it. Since last night I get the pop upmessage "Unfortunately, McAfee Security has stopped" it appears constantly & is preventing me from doing anything on the tablet including accessing the McAfee App. Can anyone offer any help. I'm not a vey techy person so I' easily blinded by science but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

6 Replies
shavaldar
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mobile Security on tablet

Hi,

Could you give more details on your tablet such as the email address used to register and from where did you download MMS on your tablet.

You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling, most of the times it will fix the issue. If the issue still persists please contact me at sanjay_havaldar@mcafee.com

Best Regards,

Sanjay

cheekymonkey
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hi I have exactly the same problem. Been working fine for 3 months this morning keeps saying the same message as user above!!!!!!?

cheekymonkey
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

To add I have already tried uninstall etc and no good!!!!! Not happy...!!!!!!

cheekymonkey
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

And now it wont let me unistall it now says deactivate and when I try to do that it wont do that either..... another of my items messed up by mcafee. !!!!!!!

shavaldar
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

Did you by any chance upgrade your Android OS to JellyBean?

What is the phone model you are using?

cheekymonkey
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Yes its been updated to JellyBean... but was on jellybean for at least a week before the problem started.

Its running on a tablet not a phone... its a samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet.

ive had to uninstall mcafee as its freezing up the whole tablet.!!!!!!!!!!! not impressed......

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community