cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joethebaker
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Mobile Security draining my battery

I have McAffe Mobile security installed on my Samsung Galaxy S4, and I notice that its power consumption can vary a great deal over the course of, say, a week.  Most of the time, the display is primary consumer of power on my phone, however 2 days a week (more or less), McAffe is the largest consumer of battery power on my phone.  Seems strange.  Anyone have an explanation?  Are my can I adjust the settings to reduce it's power consumption?

3 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mobile Security draining my battery

Hi Tim,

You may find it beneficial contacting Mobile Security Support, and it is (Free)

The Link is HERE

All the Best,

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 4

As Cd suggested but as I have the samsung Zoom S4 and mcafee mobile security I will see what mine does over the space of a few days.

I have brightness lowered as it was really draining the battery. Will report back in a day or 2.

slwjghwi
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Did you ever get this sorted out as it is happening to me?  https://community.mcafee.com/message/397267

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community