cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodR_CdA
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

McAffee software paused?

For the last few weeks, each time I use my phone I get a message that McAfee is paused and some protection isn't active. When I pick the notification, it opens McAfee, and I have to login, then everything appears fine... until I next use my phone, then the message is back.

All permissions are in place, the app is slated for never to have permissions removed. All notifications are allowed. I've googled the heck out of this and can't find any useful information yet.

My questions:

1. Is this notification accurate, are some of my protections actually paused?
   a. If so, which ones would be impacted?
2. Any ideas on how to correct this?

22 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 23

Re: McAffee software paused?

Hi @RodR_CdA,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the issue.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Teg_m3ist3r
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Morning

With regards this thread I tam also being presented  the same 'Protection Paused' notification as @RodR_CdA on my Andriod phone.  Could the same McAfee technicians information shared with @RodR_CdA be shared with myself please to hopefully resolve the matter.

Thanks for your help

Gecole
Contributor II
Message 4 of 23

same here on Android phone and more often on Android tablet

krishna55
Message 5 of 23

Hi @Teg_m3ist3r,

Greetings from McAfee.

Kindly navigate to phone settings -> mcafee notification or mcafee settings and enable the notifications. Reply back to this message if the issue still persists.

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

krishna55
Message 6 of 23

Hi @Gecole,

Greetings from McAfee.

Kindly navigate to phone settings -> mcafee notification or mcafee settings and enable the notifications. Reply back to this message if the issue still persists.

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

DTS
Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Hi, I have the same problem despite Notification being enabled with all categories turned on.  Any other suggestion(s)?  Thanks!

Gecole
Contributor II
Message 8 of 23

Yes, notifications have always been enabled and this continues to happen.  Sometimes McAfee has the 24/7 threat protection is ON notification,  but if that isn't showing then the Security is on Pause notification will periodically show up.

gargle1976
Contributor
Message 9 of 23

I have the same issue, and notifications have always been on.   Its happened 3 times today and its early lunchtime.  I'm fast reaching a point where I will use other antivirus software 

Teg_m3ist3r
Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Evening

Thanks for the guidance provided. Just checked as requested and the Mcafee Security 'Allow Notifications' option is and always has been enabled, but the problem still persists. Any further help would be appreciated.

Thanks again
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community