cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnuenzeapn
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee VPN blocking anylist.com

When I attempt to visit anylist.com while connected to McAfee VPN on my iPhone, the site won’t load and shows a message like, “The provided host name is not valid for this server”.

Everything works fine when I’m not on VPN. What is the problem?
Labels (1)
3 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee VPN blocking anylist.com

Hello @pnuenzeapn,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know the following information to assist you better.

1. What is the model and IOS version of I-phone are you using

2. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the McAfee VPN software and checked if you face the same issue.

3. Also the issue you have reported happens only that particular website or other websites too when you are on VPN connection.

Regards

Srinivasa Ragavan

pnuenzeapn
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I am using an iPhone X running iOS 13. The problem doesn't happen to every website. I do not know if it happens to sites other than anylist.com, but it's definitely happening for anylist.com. If I disable VPN anylist.com works fine, and I have contacted the owners of that site and confirmed that they are not taking any action to block users on VPN.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Hello @pnuenzeapn ,

With regards to the website blocking through VPN we have few solutions that could to fix the issue , please refer to the article TS102778 . Please keep us posted with the outcome.

Regards

Srinivasa Ragavan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community