cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dixitarju
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

McAfee Mobile Security Not Working

As I have updated my Note 8 from Android Nougat to Android Oreo today whenever now I will open the McAfee antivirus it only loading a blank screen on the start up and gradually crashes itself after a while. How to fix it?

Update: Upon uninstalling McAfee and reinstalling the app from Google Play its working just fine again 🙂 

Arjun Dixit
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp

Labels (1)
5 Replies
eima
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee Mobile Security Not Working

How to uninstall if phone is locked by that black screen with McAfee logo? I am not able to install or uninstall anything.

eima
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Ok, sort it out. Restarted in safe mode (wiht hard keys). Then uninstalled McAfee.

JSW1
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I have 3 Galaxy S8 phones that have the McAfee Mobile Security on them and it has stopped working on one of them.  I first noticed it has been about 5 days since it would back up - and I try once or twice every day.  When I looked at the app on the phone it will not open up - it just has a green screen that says McAfee.  How do I get it to work?  There doesn't seem to be any customer support that I can call.  I'm almost afraid to uninstall / reinstall because I'm not sure which code goes with which phone.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 6

Hello @JSW1 

You can reach our technical chat /phone support at https://service.mcafee.com 

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

joegellen20
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

@dixitarju wrote:

As I have updated my Note 8 from Android Nougat to Android Oreo today whenever now I will open the McAfee antivirus it only loading a blank screen on the start up and gradually crashes itself after a while. How to fix it?

Update: Upon uninstalling McAfee and reinstalling the app from Google Play its working just fine again 🙂 

Arjun Dixit
Mobdro APK Mobdro for PC Mobdro for smart tv

Thank you for the updates this thread and share your experience with us.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community