Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ace321
Contributor II
Message 1 of 24

Logged into McAfee app

Jump to solution

Hello, I've just installed the McAfee Security app on Android 12 and logged in to my account. No problems there.

I just want to know if my McAfee account needs to be logged into the McAfee app all the time to stay safe.

If it throws be out and displays the login page will my smartphone still be secure or does my McAfee account need to be logged in all the time for my Android smartphone to be protected?

Thanks.

😄

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
krishna55
Message 2 of 24

Re: Logged into McAfee app

Jump to solution

Hi @Ace321,

Greetings from McAfee.

The McAfee app that is installed on your device needs to be logged in with your McAfee credentials so that it protects your device all the time. 

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

View solution in original post

apkthrills
Contributor
Message 21 of 24

Jump to solution

Once you have installed the McAfee Security app on your Android 12 device and logged in to your account, you don't need to keep the app actively logged in at all times for your smartphone to remain protected. The McAfee Security app will continue to function and provide protection even if you are logged out or if the app displays the login page.

The login process is typically required for you to access certain features of the app or to manage your McAfee account settings. However, the core security and protection features, such as virus scanning, real-time protection, and other security measures, will continue to work in the background even if you are not actively logged in.

So, you can rest assured that your Android smartphone will still be secure and protected by McAfee even if you are logged out of the app or if it prompts you to log in again. The security features will continue to function and keep your device safe from potential threats.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 24

Jump to solution

Hi @Ace321,

Greetings from McAfee.

The McAfee app that is installed on your device needs to be logged in with your McAfee credentials so that it protects your device all the time. 

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Ace321
Contributor II
Message 3 of 24

Jump to solution

o.k thank you 😄

EvilPeppard
Contributor III
Message 4 of 24

Jump to solution

@krishna55 wrote:

Hi @Ace321,

Greetings from McAfee.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

I too was looking for this information as well. I have McAfee+ Premium installed on my PC's and my Android devices, which include a Samsung S20 Ultra, S21 Ultra, and Tab S4. My McAfee app on each of these devices logs out after a couple weeks and I have to log each of them back in to 'activate' or re-enable my protection. This consistently happens every 2-3 weeks, or so. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app again, but it continually happens every 2-3 weeks, or so.

My concern, just like the Original Poster, is that when the app logs itself out I am no longer protected. I have to actually think about checking the app to see if it is still logged in, but it could be several weeks before that crosses my mind, leaving me vulnerable during the time the McAfee app has logged itself out.

What can I do on all of my Android devices to ensure McAfee stays logged in indefinitely so I can quit worrying about it, please?

Thank you for your time!

EvilPeppard
Contributor III
Message 5 of 24

Jump to solution

Just following up to see if any insight can be given. I posted about a week ago, and wanted to follow up again to see about a resolution.

Thank you in advance.

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 24

Jump to solution

Hi @EvilPeppard 

We are sorry to hear that. Please provide the below details 

Does the issue occurs in all of your mobile devices ?
Please let us know the version installed in all devices.

Please check if you have recent version of McAfee installed which is 6.11 and did you perfomed any Android OS updates. Do grant all access for the McAfee Application, reboot the device and check issue status.

Regards
Magesh J 

EvilPeppard
Contributor III
Message 7 of 24

Jump to solution

@Magesh wrote:

Hi @EvilPeppard 

We are sorry to hear that. Please provide the below details 

Does the issue occurs in all of your mobile devices ?
Please let us know the version installed in all devices.

Please check if you have recent version of McAfee installed which is 6.11 and did you perfomed any Android OS updates. Do grant all access for the McAfee Application, reboot the device and check issue status.

Regards
Magesh J 

Yes, the issue happens on four different Android devices I have: S20 Ultra, S21 Ultra, Tab 4 and a Tab 7+, all running the latest Android OS and updates.

I was using the latest version of McAfee I was directed to upon initial installation from my McAfee Dashboard.. I had even tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, everything troubleshooting I could think of. The behavior was always the same: about every 2-3 weeks the McAfee app would 'log out'. When I would check the app it prompted me to login again with my account information, implying I was not protected when the app was not logged in.

At this point I have uninstalled McAfee and gone back to MalwareBytes Premium until we can come up with a definitive answer as to why the McAfee application keeps logging itself out of each device. I previously used BitDefender and MalwareBytes Premium, and never had an issue with the application needing to be re-logged in, or re-authenticated to enable protection after the initial time.

Thank you for any other options or suggestions.

MichelledL
Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Jump to solution

Same with me the past months. Always logging out automatically, thus gaps in security on my device. Samsung S10+, Android version 12, McAfee Security version 6.12.0.49

EvilPeppard
Contributor III
Message 9 of 24

Jump to solution

Yeah, I hope this gets addressed. I really liked using McAfee, but until this issue gets addressed and we can reliably count on McAfee to protect all of our devices 24/7 without having to check on the product, this is a deal breaker for us.

Jfcant92
Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Jump to solution
I have the same problem
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community