cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unknown1233
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

LOST ANDROID! NEED HELP WITH SECURITY

I recently lost my android and i didnt have any service time on the phone but would still connect to wifi. I had the mcafee security app installed and can access the app online. It wont let me make any changes or anything since the phone doesnt have any data.The site said that they could lock it when the phone connects to a server. Would that mean if the phone connects to a wifi network, they would then have access to the phone? Location is active since no current data plan. So basically im waiting for the phone to connect to something. If  anyone has any ideas that would help me try to lock or reset my phone with the situation im in now, i would appreciate it!

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: LOST ANDROID! NEED HELP WITH SECURITY

Did you access it from your online account?  From there normally one can lock or wipe the device.

Your questions are probably best answered by support which is available free of charge 24/7.

Contact Support

unknown1233
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Yeah i had to login to my account online and for some reason the tech support isnt working at the moment so i had to ask on here lol

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

You want Mobile Support and they should be there 24/7

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

You in the USA?

Try calling:  1-866-622-3911

They can connect you.

SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Would that mean if the phone connects to a wifi network, they would then have access to the phone? Location is active since no current data plan. So basically im waiting for the phone to connect to something

Yes, if the phone becomes connected to the internet it will get locked when it communicates with the McAfee server.

While it's disconnected, it can't be told to do anything.

If you have a PIN set on the phone, most likely if it's found it will be either discarded, or factory reset. Your data will remain protected but obviously the chance of finding it is slim. Having no data plan for the phone means it can't communicate with the Internet, so geotracking can only work when it's connected to wifi.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community