cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ocque
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

How to change default language in McAfee LiveSafe

My sister just bought me a laptop in Germany which came with pre-installed LiveSafe. The control pannel's language is English, but notifications' is German. For some reason, my home site of McAfee automatically switched into German when I was registering.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

9 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to change default language in McAfee LiveSafe

@ ocque,

Hi Welcome to McAfee Communities. Please refer to the following Guidelines/Instructions to Uninstall/Re-install. Remove form your Control Panel First/Restart. Then proceed as instructed and use the ( Latest) MCPR Tool to remove any remnants/Restart.

Upon completion of this, go to your individual Account and choose the Country/Language.

The Link to the Guidelines can be found Here:  How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

In addition please make certain you are current with all Windows updates/Add-ons. Even Internet Explorer for McAfee and other important programs use it to function properly.

I might add this additional Link also, as if you allow McAfee to collect information (Read Instructions) it automatically sets up your applications...

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101831

Wishing you all the very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
ocque
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Untitled.pngAfter I choose installation methode (complete or custom), this board appears. I have tried several times but it doesnt help.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

@ ocque,

Then I recommend contacting Technical Support for assistance. It is available 24/7 via Chat/Phone(Free). As I am uncertain of your general Geographical Location, simply choose which support you need. The Following link will give you the appropriate Links:https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-5907

Again,

Wishing you all the very Best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 10

Re: Re: How to change default language in McAfee LiveSafe

Hi ,

Please try to reset your McAfee Password online from Home page ( https://home.mcafee.com ) and re download the Installer setup after clearing windows Temp files (Win+R > type temp > enter > Select all files in folder and delete them) similarly clear files in %temp% and retry the Installation.

vermam
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

I was facing this problem for a week with McAfee LiveSafe.

Initially regional settings was Netherland, which I changed to English, however Mcafee remained with same language. For changing it's language, I uninstalled and that's where problem started for a week. I started getting same message every time "An unexpected error has occurred. the login process has experienced an unexpected server access error."

Yesterday I realized, the region (Country) used in my mcafee account is different from what I mentioned in my computer location. That's the catch. I made country in mcafee account and my computer same and it worked for me. Hope this will help.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 10

Which is kindof what CD in post 1 suggested thanks for confirming this.

Ocque have you got the install working yet?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

The installer reads the Country set in your Control Panel > Clock, Language, Region settings.   It's important that's the same as the language you are choosing for your download.

user_133347
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

I have tried everything above - changing the region in local settings to United Kingdom. Then unisnatlling McAfee (with MCPR tool also). Everything in McAfee website and account profile was also in English and region set to United Kingdom, but when i try to install from McAfee, it automatically starts installation in Chinese without letting to change language. I have Dell laptop bought form Taiwan, that had preinstalled McAfee Life Safe (McAfee Multi Device). When i installed it on mobile, everything was fine.

Any suggestions?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Is that setting I mentioned correct?

If so then your only option would be to contact Technical Support direclty by phone or online chat.

It's free.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community