cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenniferess726
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Hotspot and Firewall Issues

I've been trying to connect my phone to my laptop through the hotspot I can create on my laptop. The hotspot is fine, and selecting it on my phone is fine. The connection between the phone and the hotspot is also fine.

The issue I have is that the phone has absolutely no internet connection. I can't open up a web page or youtube, but the connection to the hotspot is perfect and shows full signal. I know that the problem has to do with the firewall of my laptop (McAfee Livesafe). If I turn off the firewall my phone can easily connect to the internet. However, I don't want to turn off my firewall for obvious reasons.

Is there a way of making the firewall recognise my phone as a trusted device or something so that I can share the network?

4 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hotspot and Firewall Issues

Hi Jennifer

I will need some more information before I can suggest some troubleshooting steps

Am assuming that you have setup a WiFi hotspot using your PC and connected the Mobile device - Confirm

What are the Operating System of the PC as well as Mobile

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Moved from Consumer to Mobile Products >Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jenniferess726
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Yes, the phone is connected to the hotspot but it just isn't allowing access to the internet for some reason.

I'm running Windows 10, and my phone is an Android but I don't know what OS it has, sorry.

AkhileshSharma
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes PC/Laptop being used as mobile hotspot.
Laptop OS: Windows 10 Pro
Mobile Platform: Android API 29+
Devices connect to Hotspot but can not access Internet.
McAfee Endpoint Security Software being used on Laptop

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community