cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunshine61250
Contributor II
Message 1 of 17

Difference between LiveSafe and All Access?

I have a McAfee All Access subscription, and just received a LiveSafe subscription with a new Dell.  What is the difference?  I can't find a direct comparison between them on the McAfee site, but both seem to provide full coverage for all of my devices (PCs, tablets, phones)...  If they are basically the same I can change all devices to the LiveSafe subscription, at least when the All Access subscription expires in 6 months.  Any advice?  Thanks!

16 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 17

Re: Difference between LiveSafe and All Access?

All Access is the name of the suite of software you are subscribed to on your account (I assume) and offers protection for unlimited devices.   The account page will tell you that you can use it on several different types of devices.

LiveSafe is another type of all-device protection and you can't have both installed at the same time.    I think you perhaps mean Safekey which is offered with  All Access, it can use one password to store all of your passwords in one place to make life easier and more secure.

SafeKey User Guide:  http://download.mcafee.com/products/manuals/en-us/MLSK_userguide_2012.pdf

All Access description: http://home.mcafee.com/store/all-access-security

LiveSafe description: http://home.mcafee.com/store/mcafee-livesafe

Customer Service could explain the finer differences better than I as I only use part of All Access personally.   http://service.mcafee.com/ContactCustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

LiveSafe is a new suite that I am not familiar with.   Hopefully someone else will chime in here about that.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/10/13 8:30:11 EDT AM

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 17

At a quick glance I think that All Access covers Blackberry devices in a addtion to what LiveSafe offers.  But I'm sure there are other differences &  I would have to spend time reading through throroughly to actually compare them.   I just don't have the time to do that at the moment.

sunshine61250
Contributor II
Message 4 of 17

Thanks for the quick replies.  To clarify, I have All Access installed on older PCs and my tablet and phone.  My new Dell came with LiveSafe installed.  As near as I can tell, both products contain pretty much the same protections - I'm hoping that someone that is already very familiar with both of them can highlight any significant differences that I am missing.  McAfee makes it easy to compare All Access with Total Protection, Internet Security and AntiVirus Plus, but I can't find a chart comparing these with LiveSafe.

Maybe LiveSafe is just a different marketing strategy, but offering the same protections as All Access...?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 17

Well hopefully someone in the know will post here.  It's a new product so we volunteers haven't really been briefed about it.  All I can see different, that's obvious anyway, is All Access provides protection for Blackberry devices in addition.  I would imagine, for the $20 difference in price, that there is more to it than just that though.

They recently created this section of the forums, so hopefully it's being monitored by someone.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 17

Peter said: "Well hopefully someone in the know will post here"

Even though I am reasonably knowledgeable of McAfee Products and features, Only from a "Consumer,s" aspect-point of view. Due to the very fact that I am about to renew my "McAfee Total Protection" I have done some research

From what I gather, Livesafe like All Acess offers features and protection for other devices,or all. However from reading this article from "PC Mag", it stipulates that the "Parental Control" feature s not included. And states that online backup from Mozy is not offered in the package. ( It does however mention "Storage in the cloud")

My primary concern is to determine if Ishould elect to stay with McAfee Total Protection-3 User, or switch to McAfee All Access.? Like Peter, I would probably neglect to use (all) of the features as I have no need to protect any other Devices such as a tablet, mobile-cell phone.

Here is the link and reviews from PC Mag, I will say that both LiveSafe,and McAfee All Access is "Higly Rated" in comparison to other Security Vendors-Products. I hope this helps somewhat....

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7kUJJaRSTgcAo49XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzNHZoOGVrBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2x...

Hmmmm...I posted this in the "LiveSafe Forum? I must say that I was impressed when learning of the "Biometrics and Facial recognition" features

offered in Llivesafe.

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 12/8/13 2:46:35 AM CST
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 17

Yes, LiveSafe offers "Personal Locker" with limited storage (1gb) with facial or voice recognition access, described here:  http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101835

As far as I can see that's it whereas All Access offers Online Backup, again a limited amount but you can pay for additional storage.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 17

Thanks Ex_Brit  Other than the ability to protect additional Devices, and Safekey with "Personal Locker", is the Layered protection and Active technology the same, as in Total Protection?  In other words, will the Scan Engine, and Anti-Spyware-Anti-Virus be the same?

As I mentioned previously, I have no need for the protection of other Devices. As I tend to primarily use my Desktop, and I despise a "Phone" ! Since I plan on continuing to use Windows 7 for some time to come, I basically won,t need the "Biometrics-Facial Recognition" either.

I chose to "Upgrade" from Internet Security to Total Protection years back.

And would rather maintain it as my protection...In your opinion, shouldn,t McAfee Total Protection suffice?

Especially with the Enhanced and Improved 2014 Version coming out soon.

Thanks,

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 12/8/13 8:06:15 AM CST
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 17

They are basically the same  in that regard yes.  They all use the same engine on the Windows model.   I would stick with what you have, it's fine for what you need.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/12/13 9:46:23 EST AM
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 17

I was hoping you would say that

Thanks.....

Ole " Pita" -CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community