cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EstebanSady
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Default Device protection in Samsung devices thread/malware identified by McAfee

Hi

I am a developer for Maintenance for EBS app.

This app is flagged as a malware app when the default Mcafee device protection is enabled in Samsung devices.

I am unclear as to why this is the case. Where can I get details about the reason for your software to be flagging this app as a malware.

Thanks

7 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 8

Re: Default Device protection in Samsung devices thread/malware identified by McAfee

Hi @EstebanSady ,

Greetings from Mcafee.

Kindly follow the below article to submit false positive to Mcafee.

How to submit false positives to McAfee

Regards,

Kumar

EstebanSady
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: Default Device protection in Samsung devices thread/malware identified by McAfee

I have submitted the case to the email you indicated. But I got no response, and no change on the issue. I think I waited enough. Where else can I get McAfee support for this problem?

EstebanSady
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

@Kumar_suman 

No response from, no change at all from submitting a false positive.

What else can be done to understand what is happening?

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 8

Did you password protect the zipped file with 'infected' as the password ,no 's in password. Also what is the file size there is a limit. Usually you get an immediate reply.

EstebanSady
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

The size file is 39.4 megas

and yes I zip the file and password protected.

EstebanSady
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

And I just did the above and it rejected the file because of size. But the error in from Oracle firewall limit for zip files. MY previous submission was the apk itself and it went thru with no errors. My previous submission was not a zip.

EstebanSady
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

So what can be done?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community