Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pberry805
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Deep Scan shuts down, Live Safe shuts down, and artemis!2fd47f2a914d

Hello McAfee, 

My McAfee Live Safe on my mobile, Nokia 6 (TA-1025) with Android 8.1.0, and I can't get Deep Scan to complete a full scan. It gives no error/crash report. It just shuts down. I also have to constantly restart Live Safe as it shuts down on its own without me doing anything. I'm guessing that's why I have an infection, because McAfee LiveSafe shut down and left me unprotected....

In another post, I added that I aslo have the infection artemis!2fd47f2a914d that I can't do anything with. I can't even find the file on my phone with a file explorer either. While this may be a Nokia issue, there has been no help to resolve it either way. My phone performance has suffered since this popped up.

Either way, this is why I chose McAfee, for the additional mobile support but so far the only issues that have arose, haven't been able to be resolved. 

Please help McAfee. Thank you.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Deep Scan shuts down, Live Safe shuts down, and artemis!2fd47f2a914d

Hello @pberry805 

If McAfee version if 5.0 then please try to re-assign the permissions and please let us know. 

We need logs to know more about artemis!2fd47f2a914d whether it's a threat or false positive, please follow the below steps to provide logs for us. 

1. Open McAfee Security on device

2. Tap the top bar 10 times with-in 20 seconds.

3. Scan to start logging activity (Toaster Message) "Logging enabled"

4. Run the scan/record the issue.

5. Tap the bar 10 times to Stop the logging

6. (Toaster message) Logging stopped  

Please let me know the if you still need more info or any concerns. 

htcu11
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Good day, this happens to me  the same either a deep scan or a standard scan do not complete, when it comes to deep scan it crashes and closes the whole mcaffe  at 63% of the deep scan, I even uninstalled-restart and installed mcafee but still does not work.

how do I reassign permissions? does this fixes the issue?

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hello @htcu11 

May I know whether you are able to replicate the issue in the mean while?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community