cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nsoni
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Wifi network no longer safe?

For Macfee mobile security app, it is identifying my wifi networks with message "wifi network no longer safe.

Due to this my android base device is not getting connected to wifi. It is connected to wifi without internet. When I logout of Macfee app, then I'm able to connect fine to wifi. So somehow this app is causing this problem. Let me know to override this, so I can connect back to wifi.

I have wifi network key with WPA2 encryption key. Then why it is identifying as not safe? It should better give an explanation for private network. Specially for home network I like to take action on this. I hope it is not a gimmick for selling me VPN service.

Please help!

Thanks,

N

Screenshot_20220112-173339_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220112-173713_McAfee Security.jpg

Screenshot_20220112-173427_McAfee Security.jpg

4 Replies
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wifi network no longer safe?

Hi @Nsoni 

Due to the nature of this issue we have sent you a private message. please reply with the required information to assist you further.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

Nsoni
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I replied to private message. When should I expect to hear back on this?

Thanks,

N

lewisboor
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I would also like to know what to do in this case. I am experiencing the same issue

Nsoni
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

It started working for me without trying anything from my end.

I guess McAfee changed something from their end & I don't face this issue anymore.

I called McAfee customer service center. They gave me ticket number to track. They also contacted me via email to check this issue in a session. Never received a call from them. But suddenly after few days, it stopped showing wifi as not safe!!!

Hope this helps!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community