cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burkh1967
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Which pin to use to activate McAfee Security?

Jump to solution

I just installed McAfee Live Safe on my Smartphone with Android 6.0. If I want to activate McAfee Security I´m asked for a pin. I type in the PIN  i recently defined during the installation, but Security says that this is not the correct PIN. Am I using the wrong PIN?

Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
burkh1967
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Re: Which pin to use to activate McAfee Security?

Jump to solution

Okay, I solved it on my own. If you will activate McAfee Security and have defined a pin to unlock your phone, McAfee Security asks you for that pin and not for the pin defined during the installation process. For me this was not obvious and should be reviewed for one of the next updates. Usuability means that an user is able to understand what he has to do.

Andy

View solution in original post

8 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Although your phone is not locked, maybe this FAQ will help. Forgotten Pin If not applicable then hopefully someone with more knowledge will pick up this thread. Of course you can always contact Technical Support 24/7 free of charge. https://service.mcafee.com/webportal/cp/home/contact

During the interim quite possibly one of our resident Tier 2.5 Techs are monitoring the Community.

​  Could you kindly assist this individual?

All the Best,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
burkh1967
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

I have now uninstalled McAfee on my smartphone. And I used the pin I knew, I couldn´t activate security but I could uninstall McAfee. I´m a little bit confused.

The hints didn´t helped. But thanks for your response.

Andy.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi Andy,

I apologize for not being able help you. I will be the first to admit, (Mobile Security) is not one of my 'Stronger Suits' if you will. Hopefully one of my Colleague's will pick up this thread, whom do indeed use Mobile Protection.

All the Best,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
burkh1967
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Okay, I solved it on my own. If you will activate McAfee Security and have defined a pin to unlock your phone, McAfee Security asks you for that pin and not for the pin defined during the installation process. For me this was not obvious and should be reviewed for one of the next updates. Usuability means that an user is able to understand what he has to do.

Andy

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi Andy,

Glad that you figured it out!   Thank you for your invaluable input. I may bring this up as a Topic of discussion for our next call, after I run it by my Colleagues.

Note:  ​I took the liberty of marking this answered. I hope you do not mind.

All the Best,

Have a Merry Christmas!

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Cd please do so if you want

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Thanks PK, Done

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi Andy,

Please be informed that I have indeed brought this up as a Topic for discussion. I also added your personal input.

Thanks,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community