Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shavaldar
Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: WaveSecure SMS locate command problem

Hi,

We can trouble shoot this as its for Mcafee Mobile Security and not WaveSecure. Did you contact support for this issue?

If you have a ticket number i can follow up on the issue and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Sanjay

shavaldar
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Hi Dan,

I will have someone from Tier 2 support  get back to you with the details.

Best Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 21

Yes, I contacted support on ticket# 1016597790 and they said it woudl be taken care of in an update. The update that took place late last week did not fix it.

shavaldar
Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Hi,

I will have someone folloup on your case and get back to you ASAP.

Best Regards,

Sanjay

Mobile Support

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 21

Thank you. I can also confirm that the same issue also exists when McAfee Mobile Security is installed on a Samsung Fascinate running Android 2.3.5.

All of my devices are on Verizon.

dan1834
Former Member
Message 16 of 21

I am still waiting... I was told a week ago that I could switch to the McAfee Mobile Security for my 3 phones. I switched... They product will NOT let me test the locate command because when I send the LOCATE text command it replies stating this feature only works with the paid version of the program. When will McAfee help me??? Nobody has called.... nothing... Why do I need to check to see if McAfee is doing their job? Who has dropped the ball?

Message was edited by: dan1834 on 2/9/13 5:14:46 PM CST
dan1834
Former Member
Message 17 of 21

On January 28 Sanjay stated, "... I will once again follow up with Tier 2 support. Be rest assured we are following up on your case."  I am still waiting and waiting. Why do I have to keep proding you (and your company) to do their job?  That was a full 2 weeks ago... I have three 2-year subscriptions that need to be changed to your Mobile Security product. I deleted the WaveSecure as instructed, and the new product does not support any SMS commands unless it is the PAID version.

What more can I do? Maybe I should submit this to some other threads that are being monitored....

Dan

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 18 of 21

I know that I can't get the locate link to work either, and I am on Mobile Security. Someone is supposed ot be getting in touch with me about this but I have not heard anything.

It is about time for me to move on to a differetn security vendor.

shavaldar
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Hi,

Have you contacted Mcafee support regards to this issue, if you have please provide me with the support ticket number that allows me to follow up and get your issue fixed.

Be Rest assured I will personally follow-up on your case and have it resolved ASAP.

Best Regards,

Sanjay

Mcafee Mobile Support

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 20 of 21

I contacted support, ticket# 1016597790.

Thank you for looking into this.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community