cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjsr1980
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Truekey integration for microsoft edge on android

Hi, 1 year ago i used truekey with chrome on android devices nearly perfect.

A few months ago microsoft rolled out edge for android devices. But i figured out, that the truekey integration isn't as smooth as on chrome. I mean: Opening a link from a truekey app specific passcard will only open the browser, but not the link. And i have to manually choose from already saved passcards, what worked better on chrome.

On the product page i saw that edge for android isn't supported (yet) - so i hope that this will be in the future...

3 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Truekey integration for microsoft edge on android

@jjsr1980 

Hi Juan, 

As you said as of now truekey doesn't support with micorsoft Edge browser in Android OS. But in future we may expect this to be available.

TJB
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

@muthu_ganesh 

20 months on from the above, I am experiencing issues with Truekey failing to function with the Edge browser in Android on two different devices. Has McAfee in fact addressed the functionality issue or is this still a known problem?

townsendlsamuel
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Exact problem I have. I decided to switch from Chrome to Edge as the ability to switch easily between Microsoft Profiles (for work and personal with working from home).

However, the ability not to log in via True Key on my phone is a deal-breaker. What confuses me more is that when you click on a login in the True Key App, the Edge app symbol is present but when you click on it nothing happens just opens Edge on the last opened page. Even when you go onto a website directly instant log in symbol doesn't pop up. However, it works with Chrome on my mobile no problem.

I pay a premium to renew my subscription remain with McAfee. I assume True Key is now owned by McAfee I assume? Please get it sorted ASAP. And myself and @TJB would really appreciate a response. @muthu_ganesh- or any other members.

Kind Regards,

Sam

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community