cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddiesprousepho
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Some apps my son installed are not showing up

My son has installed a few apps on his tablet lately that are not showing up in the list of apps on my phone or Family security on Windows, or on his tablet. I can see then in the activities area but I can not set rules that let me control screen time for that app or give him free access to it. There are not controls whatsoever. So far I am having this issue with different apps on his and his brothers device. Here is what I have tried so far:

• Rebooted all devices including mine. The issue continued!
  • Killed the app on all devices. The issue continued!
  • Signed in as a parent on my childs device. The issue continued!
  • Checked device administrator and accessibility issues on all devices. The issue continued!
  • Uninstalled the app from all devices and reinstalled properly. The issue continued!

The games that are not showing up so far are

• Sims
  • Sims Free Play
  • Farm Simulator (FS)
  • Cookie Clickers 2

Other apps seem to be there and they allow me to control access and screen time. Other functions of the Safe Family app work pretty well.

My boys have identical ASUS 10 S3 tablets running Android.

I have an iPhone 6S.

I really need this to be addressed and fixed. I allow my boys to have two game apps unlocked each day for 30 minutes each. I wish to control their time on their tablets so that they are not vegging out on them hours without end. The Family Safe app has been great for blocking web access and websites. If this bug gets fixed I will be super happy!

5 Replies
esaung
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Some apps my son installed are not showing up

let me take this back with the dev team to see if we can understand what might be happening.

what Android OS version is running on the Asus tablets?

Regards,
E-ming

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Thank you E-ming

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
eddiesprousepho
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Thank you E-ming. I am not sure. I know the tablets are running the most recent version of Android but I have not clue what that is. I will have to look when I get home, if you still need me to do that.

potent1983
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I have the same problem.  The program on my Iphone 8 says there are 68 apps but only 28 show up.  They use to all show up but now they don't.  I've started paying for this app now and its really frustrating that it doesn't work properly.

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hello @potent1983

Since this is an old thread, I'm locking it for further response. 

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Mobile-Products/Not-showing-all-apps/m-p/605570#M1807

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community