Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malcom-123
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Security

Jump to solution

My asda groceries app mcafee showed a threat warning. Artemis! 358cbe9ea531

I uninstalled and reinstalled site three time and on the third attempt security warning went away.

Should I be worried? Asda being a well known store.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Security

Jump to solution

McAfee couldn't been installed properly. What's the device model.

View solution in original post

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @malcom-123 

You don't have to reinstall now, since the App is not being detected as suspicious anymore.

In case if you witness this kind of problem in future and need to reinstall, you can uninstall the App from Settings. Then, you can download the App from Play Store and activate using your McAfee Password. Please follow the below McAfee Article that will help to download and install McAfee

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

If you have more than one license, you can install on more than one device without removing the existing McAfee from a device. Please check you subscription online by logging to www.home.mcafee.com

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

McAfee couldn't been installed properly. What's the device model.

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @malcom-123 

We are sorry that the App was marked as suspicious and the issue got fixed only after three re installs. We are glad to hear that it finally got fixed

This could be due to the App that didn't update properly, or the virus definitions wouldn't have updated to the latest one.

If you come across this kind of situation, please update McAfee App on the mobile, also try reinstalling the app and still if it doesn't work, we would request to follow the below McAfee Article that will help you to file a False Positive dispute and it will be sorted out.

How to submit false positives to McAfee

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it Accept as Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

malcom-123
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you. It's a samsung a6 and mcafee has been installed for about three mo ths without problem.

However mcafee is no longer saying the asda app is suspicious. I have done three full scans and no problems indicated. So I will see how it goes. 

The problem happened while I had the phone on charge. When I then used the phone the threat message was on screen with an option to trust the asda app or remove it.

malcom-123
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you.  Should I need to reinstall how do I do that!

Do I uninstall first and then use the original mcafee password to reinstall. Would it still be counted a first purchase installation

Alternatively I have the same app installed on a tablet so could I use that installation to set mcafee up on another device that being the phone i have uninstalled it from?

By the way I forgot to check if I was having the same problem on my tablet don't use it all that often.

Advice would be welcome. Regards.

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @malcom-123 

You don't have to reinstall now, since the App is not being detected as suspicious anymore.

In case if you witness this kind of problem in future and need to reinstall, you can uninstall the App from Settings. Then, you can download the App from Play Store and activate using your McAfee Password. Please follow the below McAfee Article that will help to download and install McAfee

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

If you have more than one license, you can install on more than one device without removing the existing McAfee from a device. Please check you subscription online by logging to www.home.mcafee.com

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community