Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sahilkumar
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Reporting a Bug in McAfee Multi Device - Mobile Security

Dear Community members and Technical Experts,

I am writing to report a bug that when a person install your McAfee Multi Device - Mobile Security android app in a dual sim enabled smartphone. This app is not able to verify the details of the person if the phone number that the customer is trying to verify is in SIM slot 2 because the application is trying to send the sms from the number in SIM slot 1 and that way application stuck at "verification of details" screen for infinite time.

I tried to disable SIM slot 1 and verify my details in  McAfee Multi Device - Mobile Security android app but again app failed to verify my details and stuck at "verifying your details" screen for infinite time.

Finally when I put my phone number in SIM Slot 1 then McAfee Multi Device - Mobile Security android app was able to verify my details and now it is working properly.

I request McAfee Software Engineering Team to address this issue as soon as possible because this is also messing up with find my phone feature which track sim change in phone.

Thanks for your valuable time.

Warm Regards,

Sahil Kumar

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reporting a Bug in McAfee Multi Device - Mobile Security

Moving to Mobile products.

Also best you contact support and tell them about the issue. If level 1 cannot assist you request an escalation callback and explain issue to teh higer level support.

Support portal

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hello Sahil,

According to Article TS102475

McAfee Mobile Security (MMS) 4.6 introduces the following new features:

• Multi-SIM support using Android 5.1 API: Anti-theft Protection and Call Filters will now work on all safe IMSIs on a multi-SIM device running Android OS 5.1 and higher.
  • Cloud-based initial scan for faster results: You will receive initial scan results within one minute for the installed apps on a typical Samsung or Nexus device when connecting to a fast data network (Wi-Fi or LTE).
  • SMS opt-in control: No more surprise SMS charges. Instead, you will know upfront why you are charged, and you will have the option to consciously opt in for SMS/Anti-theft protection.
  • Fast and easy In-App purchase: You can purchase McAfee LiveSafe and McAfee Mobile Security in-app. Choose between a monthly or annual subscription, with auto-renewal via Google Checkout.

NOTE: MMS 4.6 supports Android devices running Android OS 2.3 to 6.0.

System Requirements: Article TS102472

Can you please provide the following?

Version of McAfee Mobile Security installed

Version of Android OS

Hardware Make and Model

Rooted OS Yes/No?

Type of network connection on SIM 1

Type of network connection on SIM 2

Thanks,

sahilkumar
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Sir thanks for your valuable time. this is the information you requested about the device

Android version 5.1

Phone Model is HTC desire 628 dual sim

Rooted OS - No it is not rooted

Type of network connection on SIM 1 - 4G LTE

Type of network connection on SIM 2 - 2G

McAfee Multi Device - Mobile Security V 4.7.1.853

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for the additional information. I am going to provide this to our mobile engineering team and see what they say.

Thanks,

Doug

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community