Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Montia
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: Deep Scan shuts down, Live Safe shuts down, and artemis!2fd47f2a914d

Hi,

I have the same issue on my Samsung Gallaxy S6, Android 7, with McAfee Security version 5.0.0.1442. When I run a regular scan, the progress indicator does not reach 100% (percentage is variable), but the scan soon completes, showing that my Wi-Fi & apps look good.

When I run a Deep Scan, progress always gets to 47%, after which the McAfee screen disappears and I get a blue screen like my Home screen, but without the app icons. After a couple of seconds the app icons appear, so it's as if my Home screen refreshes. If I display currently running apps, McAfee Security is not among them, therefore I think it crashes in the middle of the Deep Scan. This is reproducible.

I recently did a Factory Reset on my phone because I suspected I had spyware on it. Immediately after the reset, I went into Settings > Device Maintenance and enabled Device security, which is also anti-malware powered by McAfee. I did a scan and found no issues. Aftewards, I downloaded and installed McAfee Security and did both a regular scan and a Deep Scan and found no issues.

After restoring my phone data from a backup in which I chose to not restore Apps, but to restore Settings, I started getting the Deep Scan crash as described above.

Is it possible that there could be a conflict with Device security and if so, how do I disable it? Would you recommend that I unistall and reinstall McAfee Security? Anything else I can try?

Thank you.

3 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Hello @Montia 

McAfee should be already installed in your device, that's why you are able to find McAfee under device security. And as of now our engineering team is working to find a fix for deep scan crashes. I will keep posted on this thread if I get any information.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Montia
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your prompt response. Since you moved my reply to a new thread, I wanted to point out that I don't know that my issue is at all related to artemis!2fd47f2a914d. I did the Factory Reset on my phone because I suspected that I had spyware on it but I couldn't determine what it was. When I installed a different Antivirus software and scanned my device, it did not find anything.

Even after the Factory Reset, when I was looking at the adb logs I was seeing what seemed like suspicious activity from service.odtcfactory.sec.com.odtcfactoryservice and I/reSIProcate. For example:

07-15 16:12:44.608 I/ActivityManager( 3663): DSS on for service.odtcfactory.sec.com.odtcfactoryservice and scale is 1.0
07-15 16:12:44.644 D/ODTCFactoryService:BatteryAlarmReceiver( 5087): ACTION_POWER_CONNECTED received
07-15 16:12:44.648 W/ContextImpl( 5087): Calling a method in the system process without a qualified user: android.app.ContextImpl.sendBroadcast:906 android.content.ContextWrapper.sendBroadcast:452 android.content.ContextWrapper.sendBroadcast:452 service.odtcfactory.sec.com.odtcfactoryservice.odtcfactory.BatteryAlarmReceiver.onReceive:54 android.app.ActivityThread.handleReceiver:3309
07-15 16:12:45.067 I/ODTCFactoryService:AlarmReceiver( 5087): Alarm received

07-15 15:51:08.226 I/reSIProcate( 3132): SipResp: 200 tid=68e64ae9ac9d2c9f cseq=29 REGISTER contact=xxxx@[2605:8d80:2:8c1c:d6a:ab6e:8708:44c4]:6100 / 29 from(wire)

I installed McAfee Security because I though it had more options, such as the Deep Scan, than the built-in Device security one, which doesn't have that many options. Should I not have done that? Should I have only one of them running on my phone at a time?

Thank you.

Montia
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Just an update that I am now able to run a Deep Scan and it completes without finding any issues on my phone after McAfee Security updated itself to version 5.0.0.1464.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community