cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickharso59
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Question about mcafee

I've used it for a few years now with no complaints. I started using their VPN and was going to use it on my phone too, but then I saw a bunch of posts here bashing it.

MY question is, is it actually that bad or are there just easier/better/cheaper options? Will it actually keep my devices safe? is the VPN any good?

I'm computer security illiterate so sorry if this is annoying.

1 Reply
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Question about mcafee

McAfee Safe Connect VPN uses bank-grade AES 256-bit encryption to keep your browsing information and online habits protected at home and on-the-go. While convenient, connecting to public Wi-Fi can expose your sensitive data such as your physical location, banking account credentials and credit card information to prying eyes. Much like a firewall protects the data on your computer, a VPN protects your activity by encrypting (or scrambling) your data when you connect to the internet from a remote or public location so you can hide IP address and online activity.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community