cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murataydemir
Contributor II
Message 1 of 26

Non-removable virus

A week ago my Mc Afee Mobile Security app found a virus that it's class "non-removable file". I did a reset to my android phone, but a week later app found same threat again. Threat name is Artemis!3b0f8f9c6163, which is a Trojan. App is saying that it is in "High threat risk". It's pathname is /preload/vendor/app/com.gamestore.apk. It created in 4 April 1970. Virus can almost do anything on my phone including observe my activities, damage or encrypte files for ransom, ect. Can you help me for deleting this virus?

25 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 26

Re: Non-removable virus

Hello @murataydemir 

May I know the make &model of your device, also if the McAfee version which is installed on your phone is 4.9 please update the virus definition. and let us know the outcome. 

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

murataydemir
Contributor II
Message 3 of 26

Hi @muthu_ganesh

My phone model is Lenovo P1a42, my android version is 6.0.1. I did update of Mc Afee previously and it's version is 5.0 now. 

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 26

Hell @murataydemir 

Thank you for the information, I will have this checked with my developing team to know more about this file. And will keep this post updated as soon as we have logs from your devicve. Can you follow the below steps to provide us the logs. 

1. Open McAfee Security on device

2. Tap the top bar 10 times with-in 20 seconds.

3. Scan to start logging activity (Toaster Message) "Logging enabled"

4. Run the scan/record the issue.

5. Tap the bar 10 times to Stop the logging

6. (Toaster message) Logging stopped  

Please let us know if you have any corners.

murataydemir
Contributor II
Message 5 of 26

Hi @muthu_ganesh

I did 4 steps as you say ( only i could ran deep scan because app is forcing me to ignore the threat (the virus i mentioned)) but when i trying to do fiftht step app is saying "logging enabled" again as said in third step. What can i do for stop the logging?

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 26

Hello @murataydemir 

Thank you for providing the logs, fifth step is to stop the logging. However the logging will get stopped afterr four minutes, may  I know whether you are able to replicate the issue in the mean time? 

Also please respond to the private message which I have sent.

Kanak
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Hey , i have the same issue and  there's no option to scan(3rd step) what should i do ? And i think its hampering with the sd card!

Kanak
Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Hey, i have the same issue and i guess its hampering with sd card and can't do the 3rd step plz help me out!
murataydemir
Contributor II
Message 9 of 26

Hi @muthu_ganesh

I don't know how to do replication process, what must i do? 

murataydemir
Contributor II
Message 10 of 26

Open Mc Afee Security Mobile app, on the top there is a writing that "Mc Afee Internet Security". Tap this 10 times. Then scanning will start.

I am using sd card too but what makes you think that way?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community