cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babagucci
Contributor II
Message 1 of 31

New threat detected: RilConfigService.apk | Non-removeable file - Artemis!sde07f8210bcd

Today the Mcafee Total Protection app found a new threat on my phone with Medium risk called the "Artemis!sde07f8210bcd".

At first I had an option to remove the file but the Mcafee app couldn't remove the file, so now the only option is to ignore it.

I'm a bit surprised this threat isn't high risk as it can do just about anything from holding my files /data for ransom, hijacking data and direct me to fake websites and more.

I have attached a screenshot of the threat. Please help me remove this from my phone. It sounds like it's a Trojan so the sooner the better.

Phone details:

Google Pixel 3 XL

Android version: 10

I have the latest version of the Mcafee app downloaded with the latest definitions as well

30 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 31

Re: New threat detected: RilConfigService.apk | Non-removeable file - Artemis!sde07f8210bcd

Hi, 

Not sure what your phone's OS is, but, you may wish to consider wiping it and reloading the OS.

I would.

Cheers!

Babagucci
Contributor II
Message 3 of 31

Re: New threat detected: RilConfigService.apk | Non-removeable file - Artemis!sde07f8210bcd

It's operating on Android 10

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 31

It doesn't really make any difference. I am sure all your data is in the cloud anyway, so, why not just wipe the phone, and re-install the OS? Better safe than sorry right?

Babagucci
Contributor II
Message 5 of 31

Because reading other people's issues with similar problems wiping didn't solve the issue. This threat called Artemis! Is a common Trojan

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 31

Oh, and, I hope you understand that there is no threat actually called Artemis. Artemis is the Egyptian Goddess of the hunt. McAfee uses that name to define its Heuristics engine. Thus any threat with the name Artimis in it is simply a here to for unknown threat. 

So Good luck with your issue.

Babagucci
Contributor II
Message 7 of 31

If you look at the screenshot I attached in my first post it says the name of the threat is -Artemis so and so.. so I'm not sure what you mean

ashwinkul
Contributor II
Message 8 of 31

Even i have got the same notification, i am not sure what to do about it if anyone can help. However i tried scanning with other anti virus none detected the threat

Shooters00
Contributor
Message 9 of 31

I just received this same message on my pixel 3 xl as well.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 10 of 31

You might want to contact support.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community