cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HANtwister
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Need USB Program to Scan Local Drives

I don't have a problem paying for Anti-Virus Updates (which, offhand, to be honest, appears to be the only reason behind shifting to this new version), but I do have a need to have a program on the USB Drive that can scan for viruses on the host computer's hard drives, which I used to have. Will this be implemented in the near future, perhaps for an extra charge, or will I need to pay for and use a different USB Anti-Virus Program (Avast!)?
6 Replies
tigg
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

RE: Need USB Program to Scan Local Drives

Sadly we have not heard that what you are requesting has been put on the drawing board for Mcafee's U3's program. This is also my biggest request - that and turning off updating.
tejashcpatel
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Current version of McAfee VirusScan USB scans host PC memory and USB File System. It doesn't support scanning the local drives on host PC.

There are different versions of McAfee Desktop products which provide this functionality.

We will update the forum if there are any plans to add "scanning local drives of host PC" functionality in to McAfee VirusScan USB.

Thanks,
Tejash Patel
McAfee VirusScan USB
SilverMirror
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

What a pity!
I just don't understand why antivirus companies try to prevent using their products (officially!) as a secondary antivirus. How can I install desktop version of your AV if it requires to Uninstall all other AVs from my PC? U3 version is great particularly because it allows to be installed on the PC with other AVs...

Very disappointing... Portable AV is a huge market in the near future. But not for restricted products as this u3 edition. sad
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

You're posting to a thread which is almost a year old... Not sure if I understand you, but it is not necessary to uninstall AV applications frmo your PC if you also have one on the U3. It's only necessary if you want to install a 2nd AV application on a PC which already has an AV application. Two AV aplications will cause conflicts; no matter which manufacturer's application it is... If one AV tries to scan a file, the other wants to do it too. Then we don't even talk about the firewalls and other anti-whatever-applications that usually comes with an AV suite....
admin
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Re: runescape

is********site safe?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 24/05/12 6:56:28 PM
Arkamond
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Re: Need USB Program to Scan Local Drives

No.... Buying Runescape gold is NOT safe... they will hack your account and take everything from it and probrobly just steal your credit card information... So... NO dont even try it... i have a friend who tried it and got instantly permaban then they had credit card problems until they cancelled that credit card. Play the game fairly becuase if you dont your in for a nasty surprise...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community