cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LuisR
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Motorola Q9h

My smartphone came with VirusScan Mobile from McAfee pre-installed. I can not get updates for the definitions, neither I can get info from Motorola, AT&T or McAffee tech support concerning the license.

My unit shows that the software is register to MotorolaEdition.
Version 2.0.1.01.0144-SP Virus Definitions 1.1.3
Last download 12/12/2008 (when I started to use this unit)

It would seem that this is a limited trial version, but how limited? (one day)?

The unit keeps asking if I wish to update, when I replay yes nothing happens. I can browse the internet without problems and I have Mobile Banking and Google Maps working correctly including the use of the GPS unit.

Any suggestions besides talking to tech support, they do not appear to be familiar with this problem?
11 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

RE: Motorola Q9h

I believe that it has been discontinued, but I will have to check and let you know.

Did you actually subscribe in December to VirusScan Mobile or was it installed on the phone before you bought it, if so any idea when?
LuisR
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

VirusScan Mobile was pre-installed in my smartphone when I bought it on Dec. 12, 2008. That is when they downloaded a virus definitions or at least that is the date of the last virus definitions update.

Thank you for your assistance, any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 12

I've flagged this issue.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 12

One of the McAfee guys has given me some information.

I'm pretty sure that DAT version he has is the latest... VS Mobile doesn't update the DATs nearly as often as with the Consumer VS DATs.

I've pinged a VS mobile Dev to find out for sure...

EDIT:

Also, you can email them the link to download VS Mobile.

I believe this installs and gives one year of updates...

If you would like that link I can email it....I have your email address on your profile.

Edit: It's in the sticky that I did some time ago at the top of this forum: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=215892
LuisR
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Yes, I would like to have the link.

Again, thank you very much.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 12

It's in that link I published under "Edit:......."

Don't forget that it's quite possible that you have the latest DAT anyway as VSM only updates periodically because new infections directed at mobile platforms are, thankfully, a bit slower on the production front.

If you need to uninstall there is a sticky at the top of this forum. http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=222256
LuisR
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I was able to uninstall old version and download and install new version.

Thank you.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 12

Good, Just out of interest what is the version and DAT?
LuisR
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

version 2.0.1.0142-SP

virus definitions: 1.1.3

my old version ended in 0144-SP and definitions 1.1.3

not much change
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community