Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glonn
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

Messages from Mobile Security about Mobile Innovations

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have McAfee Mobile Security Premium on my Android. It keeps telling me that  there is a message for me and when tapping on the message it asks me if I want to install McAfee Mobile Innovations. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
glonn
Former Member
Message 11 of 14

Re: Messages from Mobile Security about Mobile Innovations

Jump to solution

The problem has been solved in a software update. I now have version 4.0.0.143 and the notification doesn't show after I have declined it the first time.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
klaliberte
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Jump to solution

I would be interested in knowing how to do this as well.  I keep getting a notification to install it and it's REALLY getting annoying.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 14

Jump to solution

Hmm I will have to install Mcafee on my android My son has it installed and sees nothing though he installed via Mcafee total access program.

Call suppoprt they should know and if they do not post back as I have other avenues to find the answer.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

glonn
Former Member
Message 4 of 14

Jump to solution

Now I've contacted the support. It seems like the notifications can't be stopped but that they will amend it in an update. Here's an excerpt from the conversation.

Wilson Sellaya G (12:09:21):

Please go to settings in your phone->App's or Application Manager->Select McAfee. Uncheck show notifications.

Customer (12:10:29):

Ok, I've done that. But will I still receive useful notifications such as threats?

Wilson Sellaya G (12:11:27):

Gustav, Please give me a moment.

Customer (12:11:31):

Ok

Wilson Sellaya G (12:12:24):

Thanks for your Patience, Gustav.

Wilson Sellaya G (12:13:06):

If you uncheck notification , you will not receive any notification.

Wilson Sellaya G (12:13:47):

I would recommend you to keep the notifications on.

Customer (12:14:14):

But is there anyway I can stop just the notifications about Mobile Innovation but still receive those that the Mobile Security is supposed to provide?

Wilson Sellaya G (12:15:24):

Gustav, The McAfee Mobile Innovations (MMI) Program enables McAfee and Intel® developers to provide unreleased mobile products to end users so they can beta test different mobile security ideas, and provide validation and feedback.

Customer (12:17:25):

Ok, I understand that but it's just that I bought Mobile Security and want to be able to use that product without getting publicity about another product

Wilson Sellaya G (12:18:44):

Gustav, currently it cannot be disabled. I would definitely forward your concern to the our McAfee team.

Wilson Sellaya G (12:19:00):

Please confirm the version of McAfee installed in your mobile?

Wilson Sellaya G (12:19:19):

Please go to settings in your phone->Apps or Application Manager->Select McAfee. You will see the version number of McAfee at the top.

Customer (12:20:02):

Ok, thanks. Hope it will be amended in an update. The version is 3.1.1.819

Wilson Sellaya G (12:20:24):

Thanks for being understanding, Gustav.

Wilson Sellaya G (12:20:30):

I would definitely forward your concern to the our McAfee team.

Wilson Sellaya G (12:20:41):

Is there anything else I may assist you with?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 14

Jump to solution

I have Mobile Security from All Access installed on my Android tablet and I see reference to Mobile Innovations and Safekey if I swipe down from the top and bring up Notifications, but I don't see any recurring warning or popup.   They are extras I choose not to install and yes, it would be nice to be able to dismiss the notification I suppose, but it doesn't intrude.

Was yours an actual popup?

glonn
Former Member
Message 6 of 14

Jump to solution

No, I think it's the swipe down notification you're referring to so it's not a big problem. But it keeps coming back after an hour or so if I delete it and if I keep following the notification I will come to McAfee notifications and then to Google Play where I can install Mobile Innovations. So it seems like there's actually no way to stop this recurring notification.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 14

Jump to solution

On my Google Play page inder My Apps I see McAfee Safekey and McAfee Security Innvovations (it's this one that is causing your issue) listed as installed, although they are not (hence the offering by that swipe down notifcation) so it would appear that they are lumped together.  I'm pretty sure that's a marketing ploy and probably little the developers can do, but like you, I would rather they were offered once and then, if declined, not bother me again.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 14

Jump to solution

OK, using this as a guide:  http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/beginner/how-to-remove-apps-from-the-google-play-store-my-apps-lis... I went into the Google Play store on my device - click the downlooad arrow next to the magnifying glass on the top bar over near the right side, then Apps > All and there was McAfee Security Innovations (I think that's what it was called).  Hold down on it and the remove button will appear at the top..  Do the same for McAfee Safekey if mentioned there, unless you use it of course.  I guess at some stage I may have installed them inadvertently and although I thought I had uninstalled them, the fact they were still listed in Google Play probably caused the extra notifications..

I could then swipe that drop-down to the right and dismiss it.      Hopefully it wont reappear now.

Be careful not to uninstall the main McAfee Antivirus and Security app.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/09/13 10:26:58 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 14

Jump to solution

Did a reboot to double-check.  Although the "Featured Apps" drop-down reappeared for McAfee stuff, this time it was deletable by right-swiping.

theodore
Former Member
Message 10 of 14

Jump to solution

Hey Glonn.

You can disable the notifications but following this steps.

Mobile settings-->Apps/Application Manager/Manage Applications--McAfee Security--> Uncheck the Show Notifications.

But you will not receive any notifiacations from McAfee after that.

Please let me know the result

----Theo

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community