cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonnyplease
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Media Vault in Mobile Security

In media vault on my iPhone, every time I open it it says “TURN PHOTO ACCESS ON” I also cannot move photos from the vault to my photos and cannot access my photos. I’ve been through support a number of times but no success. This is something the app should do during setup- ask you to allow access to your photos or camera. Then it would be listed in settings. Presently, there is nothing in settings to allow mobile security access to photos. I’m tired of going through all the road maps with support and getting lost. It’s in their initial setup. They need to collaborate with Apple and come up with an App Store update. Except for the photos problem, the app works good but my photos are locked in the vault. 

6 Replies
Gokulakrishnan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Media Vault in Mobile Security

Hi @Sonnyplease , 

I understand that you have issue in accessing or moving your photos from McAfee Vault. We suggest you to check for the McAfee update if any pending.(Do not Uninstall McAfee). Please do reply with the below information

• Did you ever updated your iOS recently ?
  • Updated iOS version - 

Regards

Gokulakrishnan K

McAfee Support Team

Sonnyplease1
Contributor III
Message 3 of 7

Thx Goyulakrishnan for your help,

I have the latest update of the IOS security/system update released last week. I am waiting for an update through the App Store from which I dowmloaded the app. I don’t know if Apple knows of the problem with MMS. In Privacy-Photos, MMS does not appear in the list of apps to allow, never, only when using the app. The app and these choices are not there. There is no other way to allow photos Access. Has Mcafee notified  Apple of this problem or is Apple working on an update. It took them 6 months to come up with the security update last week. I check the App Store for MMS updates, but done so far. 

Thx,

Sonnyplease

Gokulakrishnan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Sonnyplease1 @Sonnyplease .

Hi I will go ahead and have this escalated, I have sent you a private message. Please reply back with the requested information in private message. 

Regards

Gokulakrishnan K

McAfee support Team

Sonnyplease1
Contributor III
Message 5 of 7

I have updated to IOS 13.1 with no change. There has been no update of MMS in the App Store. 

Sonnyplease1
Contributor III
Message 6 of 7

Yes, I just updated to the latest IOS13.1.  It still has the dialogTURN PHOTO ACCESS ON. I cannot do this. I have 9 photos locked in the vault. I cannot move these photos or move my own photos into the vault. There has not been an update in the App Store for MMS. I think that’s what is needed.

Thx for your concern

Gotulskrisnan 

Sonnyplease1
Contributor III
Message 7 of 7

590D8DD4-E233-42C2-8D95-0C1FD76F7B7E.jpeg

Just updated to 13..1.1. The latest update. Media Vault in moving photos or moving your own photos says:

TURN PHOTOS ACCESS ON

I cannot do this in settings  This is not a case for support to call me  This option should have been given when first setting up the app  The fix is with an update for MMS with Apple and the App Store  I know you referred this problem to an escalatory team  That seems to be the solution  

Thx Gotulskrisnan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community