Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravneet
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Mcafee Registration on Phone Error

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just bought the Mcafee phone protection today. I followed all the instructions and my number was also verified and at the end i entered a 6 digit number and when i pressed submit i received an error message saying that i shall use the sim i previously used to register. I donot understand this as i am still using the same to register. Please help me out as i am really getting frustrated by this.

I am using an android software smartphone.

Thanks

Ravneet Bansal

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: Mcafee Registration on Phone Error

Jump to solution

I moved this from Community Help to Mobile Products for better assistance.

Until someone with expertise comes along the only thing I can offer is I believe you have to use 10 digits, so include at least part of the long distance code.  See: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101230

View solution in original post

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

I moved this from Community Help to Mobile Products for better assistance.

Until someone with expertise comes along the only thing I can offer is I believe you have to use 10 digits, so include at least part of the long distance code.  See: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101230

ravneet
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hey, It says that to register i need to add a buddy and create a 6 pin digit. Howvwer, when i do that it says that i am using the wrong sim. When i go to my Mcafee account online it says that i need to activate the product on my smartphone. I am really annoyed cause it cost me alot of money and i am using ti for the first time and it just doesn't seem to work

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Give Technical Support a call, it's free, or use the online chat, also free:  http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=2057&sg=TS

Sorry I don't use the product otherwise I might have some ideas.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/12/12 11:05:14 EST AM
karthiks
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi ravneet,

I have asked the Mobile Security team to check your issue, once I get the response I will update you here

ravneet
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Hey Karthik,

I just called Mcafee support and had a word with them and they gave me a solution. So finally Mcafee is up and running!

Thanks to all of you for the time.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for confirming it, have a great day and happy new year

Message was edited by: karthiks on 12/27/12 11:47:35 AM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now Ravneet.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community