cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogerMcTuffin
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee on Android showing false positive for Progressive Web App ( PWA )

Hi,

I'm a developer about to release a web app (it's not live yet). The app also functions as a Progressive Web App (PWA) which means it can be installed to the Android home screen via a browser like Chrome.

One of my beta testers has McAfee Mobile Security installed on her phone and it gave her a notification saying "1 threat found" and it showed the icon of the PWA.

There was a link for "more info" but it had no info when clicked.

This is clearly a false positive. Is McAfee aware of PWAs?

I know they're a relatively new technology but they're certainly becoming more common.

3 Replies
Sarath
Contributor II
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee on Android showing false positive for Progressive Web App ( PWA )

Hi RogerMcTuffin,

McAfee is definitely aware of PWA , but still since your file is being detected as virus I would recommend you to submit the file sample to McAfee Avert Lab. I have attached a link below in which you can find the steps to submit the sample and you can get it whitelisted. Once you submit the file it will take 5-7 business days for them to get back to you. After submitting the sample please make sure that you keep a note of the sample submission ID.

Link: How to submit virus samples and false positives to McAfee 

Regards,

Sarath Chandran M

KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 4

Hi @RogerMcTuffin 

We certainly understand that you are getting a false positive notification from McAfee on the device.

Indeed its a new technology and its common now, However, we request you to follow the below KB to submit false positives to McAfee.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102053

Regards,

Krithika

Janedoe484
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I am trying to reach the progressive party website and McAfee mobile keeps blocking access...feels pretty McCarthyist...why is a political party website being blocked?🤔

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community