Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
molakk
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

McAfee GPS

Hi everybody,

Please, I need some advice with McAfee, concretely, I wish to know, if it is possible to control one phone by sms with some other phone, if the version of the rom is different on these phones (for example, 1. phone have android 2.3.5 and second android 4.0.4). And, also I am not sure, I understand a location of the lost phone - Anti-Theft. I mean, the GPS will turn on on the lost phone, when I send a sms from other phone a the location will start? And is it possible to locate the lost phone (so turn on the gps) if the phone is turn off?

Thank you for all of your advices

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee GPS

Moved to Mobile Products for better attention.

molakk
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Please, is there some possibility to contact the technical support by email? I dont utilise McAfee (it is my father, but i have a different type of rom) so I cant fill in all the boxies in the questionaire on service.mcafee.com and I dont send email to technical support. I am from Czech Republic.

Thank you and have a nice day

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

According to the Czech Technical Support page http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSelect.aspx?lc=1029&sg=TS&pt=1&st=PHONE , linked under Useful Links at the top of this page:

You can phone them directly (Monday to Friday).....  or you could phone Customer Service and ask to be connected to Technical Support department:

Telefonické služby pro zákazníky

Chcete-li mluvit s agentem zákaznické podpory, zavolejte na: 2 39000505.

Približná doba cekání: 10-30 minut

Provozní doba: 9:30-12:30 local, od pondelí do pátku 

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/08/12 6:49:48 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Back to your original question, although I don't use a smart phone myself I doubt what you are seeking is possible.  You might consider asking it on an independent mobile forum too.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community