Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jodome
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Locked device (Xperia Z)

Jump to solution

Not too sure if there's much can be done about this, but might as well ask.

When I replaced my (Xperia Z) phone a while back, I removed the SIM and put it into my new phone (Samsung S5) before disabling the McAfee Security installed on the Xperia Z.The issue isn't that I don't remember my PIN etc but that the displayed keypad to input the PIN has no way for me to click <Enter> or the equivalent. Basically, the button is behind the keypad that pops up when you click into the field to enter the password and inaccessible.

Right now I have the Xperia Z unpowered (I have the scream turned on).

Just wondering if there is a solution to this or if this has been reported before?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 5

Re: Locked device (Xperia Z)

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Just checking if you have tried "Reset Password" , "Forgot Password" were they functional? Also in order to hide the Keypad you can tap the "Back key" once (Usually a curved arrow for most Android phones)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

It being Christmas Day I am uncertain if our Resident Tech would be available. Until someone with more expertize in this area picks up this thread. I would advise that you contact Mobile Support, as it is Free. And explain your situation to them.  Services and Support for Home and Office

Wishing you all the very Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Just checking if you have tried "Reset Password" , "Forgot Password" were they functional? Also in order to hide the Keypad you can tap the "Back key" once (Usually a curved arrow for most Android phones)

jodome
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks and - will try using the back key. The issue is not the password (I still know it), just that I couldn't submit it. Will give it a go and let you know how I get on (can't now though as kids are asleep and screaming phone might not go down well )

jodome
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Think its working again but not really sure why. The back key on an Xperia Z is covered by the McAfee Security keypad. It stopped and sent a message to 50190 (I think). Hope it doesn't decide to start later but looks like its factory reset (which would kind of make sense since my SIM is active for McAfee Security in a new phone.

Thanks for the assistance, I would never even have bothered trying without the suggestions.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community