cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g4dds
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

How do I install AntiVirus Plus on Android Tablet?

Only just noticed when my renewal was processed that you no longer pay for extra licenses (nice one)!

As a current subscriber to AntiVirus Plus I also noted that it is also available for Android but for the life of me I cannot work out how to install it?

I have been to My Account (on the PC) and brought a (free) license so that it is happy that I know have one unused license (to go with my 2 licenses that are in-use on PC installs).

What do I do from here? I searched and found something related to other McAfee Android products which requires sending activation codes and download links but nothing specific related to AntiVirus Plus.

Any help would be appreciated.

12 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Re: How do I install AntiVirus Plus on Android Tablet?

​,

You can contact Technical Support and there is no cost. Via Phone/Online Chat being by far the quickest.   https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

I hope this helped.

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 13

On your My Account page look for this:

Capture.JPG

OK I have a different product but there should be a similar link on yours when you can send a link to be picked up on your Android device.

That's how I installed it on my Android device when I had it.

Note: not all features apply to all devices.

g4dds
Former Member
Message 4 of 13

I don't see a send link. This is what I see on my account:

Any further thoughts?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 13

If you see the same when you go to "My Account" using your Android browser, then that will allow you to install by clicking download or the plus sign.

Otherwise support is the best idea as Catdaddy suggested.

g4dds
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

I had the same thought as you Ex_Brit so I already tried this but its the same when logging on via Android except the download button is greyed out and hovering over it gave me a message (can't remember exactly what it said) but the gist of it was that this operation is not possible on this OS.

g4dds
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Just raised a support request. Little unsure about letting them take over my PC via the "SupportLogMeInRescue.exe" application especially as the problem is not actually with my PC.

Hopefully, they can just check my account and enable the missing "send to links" and then I can handle it from here.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 13

​,

While I can understand your hesitance, in allowing the Technician to remote into your machine. You can be self-assured that the application mentioned is most reliable and used by major corporations worldwide. Should you indeed decide to  contact Technical Support again, simply provide them your initial Service Request Numbers. You also can escalate your request to a Higher Tier if you feel the need.

Rescue Trial | LogMeIn Rescue

https://secure.logmein.com/home

I just thought I would add that as assurance.

Respectfully,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 13

I think this boils down to those words I quoted "not all features will be avail;able on all devices".  But Support will have the best advice.

g4dds
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

I've paid for McAfee AntiVirus Plus and on the product page it states:

"Protect every device* you own with the same subscription at no extra cost"

Online reviews and user comments say it is an absolute doddle to install on PC's and tablets.

The only thing I noticed is that I keep seeing references to "Add Device". Even the McAfee help guides mention I should have an "Add Device" under the subscriptions section of my account:

Under My Account, tap Subscriptions.

Click Add Device and then select mobile device.

Click Send Link, select the device type and the subscription that you want to install, and then click Next

Select Text it or Email it depending on how you want to receive the activation code.

Type the email address or phone number and click Text me or Send Email.

Open the text or email that you received and install your McAfee software from the link.

But under my subscriptions I have no Add Device:

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community