cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K-Hina
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Has the IOS 14 - VPN connection to Data/Wifi been resolved?

iPhone 11 pro (ios 14.2)
McAfee Security for iOS version 4.3.0.1470

After upgrading our iphones from 13.7 to 14 (14.2), a majority of users could not connect to the internet or use data. Apple support said the solution was to reset the network, reset phones, reset router/modems, and so on. iPhone users found out that VPN was the conflict so we all ended up turning it off or taking off McAfee (security apps) and we all had life back. Then came the 14.2 upgrade and some say it worked so we all added VPN and turned on the McAfee app back. For a minute, we were happy and then down bird again. Apple is pointing fingers at security apps using VPN and said they all need to get up to date. So my question is has this been resolved or found a safer solution than turning off VPN and being vulnerable again online? This has been going on for months and Iʻm at the point of discontinuing my subscription because the reason for it is to stay safe when on wifi/using data.

1 Reply
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Has the IOS 14 - VPN connection to Data/Wifi been resolved?

I had the same issue. It's resolved

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community