cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTGnMS
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cannot verify my mobile number

I need help. On June 6, I called McAfee Support requesting assistance getting Mobile Security installed on my replacement cell phone. When we got to the Anti-Theft install, I was able to log into my account – but then the installed timed out saying my number could not be verified.

I spent two nights working with Support – repeating the same procedures – with the same results. I have spent the last four nights sitting at home waiting for a call back. I have been told that the call has been escalated.

I mentioned that this forum site shows the same problem being called in a few times in the last several years. You would think that Support could look at those solutions. I am beginning to wonder if I should trust the protection of my computers and mobile devices to McAfee. How/when do I get a resolution to this problem?

3 Replies
Gokulakrishnan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot verify my mobile number

Hi @RTGnMS 

We understand that you have issue in verifying you phone number with the McAfee application. Kindly share us the Service request number that was provided from the escalation team to look and provided you an prompt resolution.

RTGnMS
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank your for response. Ref number: 264 703 4919.  It appears that most of McAfee protection MAY be working. During install we were unable to text link to phone and then during installation of Anti-Theft received the timeout and Cannot verify mobile number message. Biggest inconvenience at this time is level one support is telling me NOT to load any apps or contacts on the cell phone and to use it as little as possible. I have been told this has been escalated to Engineering. Thank you.

HitchinBurdock
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Please can you assist me also with this issue

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community