Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_110280
Contributor II
Message 1 of 18

Cannot verify my mobile number

Jump to solution

Hi,

I bought McAfee Mobile Security - Smartphone for Android for one-year subscription last month but I still can't use it. They sent me an SMS containing the download link, after I've downloaded and installed it, the next would be the number verification. It won't verify my mobile number. I've been on McAfee email/chat support for 2 days and still problem not solved, they told me to wait for another 24 hours. I'm hoping for any tips or advice, if some some of you may have. I am wasting time and money here.

My location is in the Philippines, 639XXXXXXXXX, that is usually our mobile number. I'm using Samsung Galaxy Note.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
user_110280
Contributor II
Message 12 of 18

Re: Cannot verify my mobile number

Jump to solution

Sorry for replying just now. I was out of town. Anyway, got the call last Friday night and problem solved. My number was verified already. Thank you so much for all your help. Especially, Peter and Karthik for following this up, really appreciate it. This is a good community.

Message was edited by: mark.bench on 7/16/12 8:51:39 PM CDT

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 18

Jump to solution

Pinged our admin

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 18

Jump to solution

Try omitting the first numbers so that only 10 digits in all are used and enter it as xxx-yyy-zzzz format.   See if that works.    These things are usually geared towards a US/Canada-style 10-digit area code and phone number format.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/07/12 9:30:26 EDT AM
karthiks
Former Member
Message 4 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi,

I sent you a private message regarding this issue, so please respond. Thanks,

user_110280
Contributor II
Message 5 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

Mobile numbers here in Manila are in format 63XXXYYYYYYY where in 63 is the area code (autofilled), XXX is the mobile network code, YYYYYYY - my number. I tried omitting the first 3 digits as well as the last lidigits and the first digits of my number but it still not verifying.

Nevertheless, thank you for the help, really appreciate it.

I am now still waiting for my callback. Hope it happens today.

Regards,

Mark

user_110280
Contributor II
Message 6 of 18

Jump to solution

Thanks, Tony.

user_110280
Contributor II
Message 7 of 18

Jump to solution

The day is ending and I didn't receive the callback once again. I talked to two chat supports today and they told me same things that I will receive the callback today but didn't happen. I am starting to think that it was a mistake for me to choose McAfee out of all mobile security apps available for Android. And can they verify mobile numbers in the Philippines or not? It's just a simple question and I think the answer is NO. Is it??

Feeling so hopeless

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 18

Jump to solution

Karthiks could be held up It even happened to me the admin (former) was to call at 8am. He took a support call at 7am and it finished at 10am. So called the next day. Annoying but what woulld you think if the tech hung up on you saying times up?

I will ping him to ensure tomorrow call.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 18

Jump to solution

Sorry the call didn't come through.  I'm sure it will soon.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 10 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Apologize for the Inconvenience, I will check with the Mobile Security team today and I will make them arrange a call back for You. Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community