cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brokendaily
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

2 Problems with Mcafee SecurityCenter/LiveSafe

My phone is a samsung galaxy s7 on the latest android OS (android oreo), all security OS updates are applied and my mcafee livesafe app is at the latest version available; I am having 2 problems here

Problem #1: For some dumb reason, if I have the wifi on my phone on, disonnect it from the charge cable, and let it sit for more than 10 minutes, when I check it out I see that the wifi on my phone is turned off, forcing me to turn it back on so I don't consume all my 4G LTE data. I know mcafee is responsible because when I check the wifi control history on my phone, it shows mcafee turning it off. I don't believe mcafee did this before, when I was on android Nougat, but oreo seems to have messed something up.

Problem #2: For some reason, Mcafee has flagged the AT&T Mobile Transfer system app as an infected app, even though it hasn't done so the entire time its been on my phone (mcafee and the at&t app). I ran a scan just now, and it detects the mobile app. I don't know what to do, I believe this to be a false positive, but I don't know the prodecure on getting this app unflagged; and if it is infected, I can remove it with the android debug tool, but not completely

please reply when able, thank you for doing so

Labels (2)
8 Replies
brokendaily
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: 2 Problems with Mcafee SecurityCenter/LiveSafe

From what i could gleam by package name, the one that was pre-installed was part of a package called ready2go. I used the android debug tool to uninstall it, and replaced it with the play store version.

Scanning again revealed no problems, so that is one issue solved. Still waiting on help for the wifi issue

GaneshR
Message 3 of 9

Hello Jonathan,

Please go thorugh below steps to overcome this issue

1. Open McAfee
  2. Go to Battery optimizer in McAfee
  3. Goto  battery optimizer setting and check for the McAfee threshold 
  4. If the device is idle and battery percentage goes down then the threshold value, McAfee will automatically turn off the features that are draining the battery.
  5. You can change setting from McAfee threshold to make sure wifi is not turning off even in idle mode.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

brokendaily
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I'm not finding the so-called McAfee threshold setting, just Auto extend battery level for auto extend and sync control. Those are the only settings for the Battery Optimizer that I can see

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 9

@brokendaily 

Hi Jonathan, 

May I know the version of McAfee installed on your phone?

brokendaily
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Mcafee Security Version 4.9.5.2184

muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 9

@brokendaily 

Hi Jonathan

Please follow the below steps

Open McAfee> Battery optimizer> gear icon(at the bottom left corner) > Auto extend ON/Off> Please turn it off

If it's ON McAfee will force stop all the background applications/ features to extend your battery life. You can manually optimize the battery by performing the following steps also. Battery optimizer>Extend battery> Extend (You can use this if battery percentage is getting very lower)

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

brokendaily
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

the auto optimize was turned off days before this reply, yet still McAfee is turning off the wifi. The only other method I can think of is to uninstall mcafee and reinstall. I will do so and reply if anything changed
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 9

@brokendaily 

Hello, 

Please try to update Mcafee from playstore as the new version is 5.0 which is available in stores. And let me know whether you see this issue after updating it. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community