cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unatintr
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Are features from McAfee Gamer Security being implemented into other products?

Are features from McAfee Gamer Security(MGS) being implemented into other products? I'm trying McAfee Gamer Security —which isn't even selectable in #Products / Associated Products— right now and it's obvious that it is in serious need of tender love and care from McAfee...

I would like to know whether better supported products implemented MGS's features.

Thanks!

5 Replies
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: Are features from McAfee Gamer Security being implemented into other products?

Hi @unatintr,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know the issue you are facing with McAfee Gamer security and we will help you.

Regards,

Allwyn I

unatintr
Level 9
Message 3 of 6

Re: Are features from McAfee Gamer Security being implemented into other products?

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try to elaborate soon.

In the meantime, I would still like to know whether MGS is supported by a Community Management team or something like that...

Video gaming is a very dynamic world and gamers are very "demanding". Asking us to find this forum, for which I had a lot of troubles subscribing to, is a bit complicated.

Also, could you please add McAfee Gamer Security to the hashtag system of yours?

(Edited for syntax.)

unatintr
Level 9
Message 4 of 6

Are features from McAfee Gamer Security(MGS) being implemented into other products?
Baker_Nanduru
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

I lead our product team. We are constantly looking at leveraging capability across products. Regarding MGS, what specific feature you have in mind that would be helpful in our other products?

unatintr
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

The whole thing, really: lightweight footprint/performance-cost, the whole boost mode which boost a game while pausing or slowing other processes/services. You need to think about how "simple" and "barebone" MGS looks at first sight, for a end-user/gamer. I'm sure it is not, but I had to say. :grinning_face_with_sweat:

I guess what I really meant to say is that I feel like MGS is underdeveloped / in beta state, while I feel like the other solutions (which I don't really know, honestly, but I guess it's that "Total Protection" thing of yours) are the real product.

I'd like to add that paying C$59.99 for this product while I still have more than a year to go with another company feels like a bad choice especially with the bug I reported here: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/McAfee-Gamer-Security-MGS/Bug-Online-features-are-blocked-in-quot-Su...

(THANKS A LOT FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY EARLIER TODAY)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community