Did you mean: 
xmbecker
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Does FamilyProtection conflict w/McAfee AntiVirus

Jump to solution

Hi,

Before buying the $39.99 McAfee Family Protection product, I was hoping to determine if it was going to conflict with the McAfee antivirus software that is already on my laptop. It's a work computer and I cannot de-install any of these McAfee products (password-protected by IT dept.). FamilyProtection needs to be able to install cleanly while these products remain on the system. Does anyone know if there will be a conflict with the software listed below?

McAfee Anti-Spyware Enterprise Module Ver 8.7.0.129

McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention 7.00.0601

McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise Plus Ver 3.0.0.0.476

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Ver 8.7.00003

I'd purchased Cyberpatrol but when I installed it, the internet access thru a browser (IE or firefox) from the computer completely froze up.

Any info most appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does FamilyProtection conflict w/McAfee AntiVirus

Jump to solution

Moved this from Parental Controls to Family Protection.

The product page is here:  http://home.mcafee.com/Store/PackageDetail.aspx?pkgid=342

It is meant to work alongside security software so there shouldn't be any clashes.

However, it's not too often someone mixes Enterprise and Home/Home Office products so you may wish to post a new thread under (say) VirusScan Enterprise to be sure.

There is a 30-day money-back guarantee so if you aren't satisfied you can always get a refund also have you thought of giving it a try using thr 30-day free trial?

http://home.mcafee.com/Store/FreeTrial.aspx

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/06/10 8:06:31 EDT AM

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Moved this from Parental Controls to Family Protection.

The product page is here:  http://home.mcafee.com/Store/PackageDetail.aspx?pkgid=342

It is meant to work alongside security software so there shouldn't be any clashes.

However, it's not too often someone mixes Enterprise and Home/Home Office products so you may wish to post a new thread under (say) VirusScan Enterprise to be sure.

There is a 30-day money-back guarantee so if you aren't satisfied you can always get a refund also have you thought of giving it a try using thr 30-day free trial?

http://home.mcafee.com/Store/FreeTrial.aspx

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/06/10 8:06:31 EDT AM

View solution in original post

xmbecker
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks very much. That's just the info I was looking for. I had also tried to figure out if there was a free trial version that I could start with but didn't come across that. Thanks for that link, too.

Jump to solution

You're welcome.  At least with the free trial if it doesn't work you can simply ditch it. Saves the hassle of applying for a refund.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/06/10 10:10:06 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community