cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldiang
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

how can I delete files in quarantine on Big Sur

I need help! On Big Sur can the files in quarantine folder not be deleted. thx!

10 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 11

Re: how can I delete files in quarantine on Big Sur

Hi @ldiang 

Kindly access the below link that has information on how to delete or restore quarantined items.Please try the steps in the article and let us know the outcome. 

How to delete or restore quarantined items

Regards

Magesh J

ldiang
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

hallo, i have tried to disable real time scan option, but still no success to delete the files.

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 11

Hi @ldiang 

Due to the nature of this issue. we will send a private message to you to help further on this. 

Regards

Magesh J

sreiland3120
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

I also have this problem. How can I get help for it?

Androo
Contributor II
Message 6 of 11

have 245 pages of quarantined files -- I tried deleting but many will not 

Androo
Contributor II
Message 7 of 11

I had 245 pages of files that were listed as quarantine, going back several months - I have not been able to restore or delete those entries.  McAfee could not help, so I poked around.

it appears that the quarantine folder only contains two files: quarantine.lck and quarantine.meta and nothing else. the .meta file appears to be a list of items that is displayed on the quarantine window, McAfee should ensure the listed files actually exist or delete the entry from the .meta file and list. I deleted the .meta file and the list is now empty. Running a full scan found 0 threats and the list is clean.

McAfee needs to add a few steps to their process

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Androo 

Thanks for the update. Please do let us now if you have any other concerns  or issues related to McAfee. We will help you resolve it . 

Thanks,

theinvenntor
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

More details need to be provide to users with this same issue. Unless these special tools that McAfee Tier3 support have are propitiatory, they should be made available to McAfee customers with instructions to address this issue. In addition, the product should be updated to eliminate this issue as well instead of using work arounds and special tools to address this issue of a user being unable to delete item within the quarantine. Will McAfee be updated to address this issue with a future update or will users have to contact McAfee Tier 3 support every time they need to delete such files? I want an answer to this question before I renew my McAfee subscription. I might want to switch to a different company that writes better code for their anti-virus product.

bkardell
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

So I have the same issue, but navigated to the Quarantine subdirectory and deleted everything there, but the list in the quarantined items is populated.

Is there another way to clear that list?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community