Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanReader1234
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Ventura Apple Mac Upgrade Ventura faults

Hi AppleMac users,

Following the Ventura AppleMac upgrade this week the troubled error message for damaged McAfree message now pops up every days that stated the Menulet cannot be open.  Can any one let me know how to clear this?

12 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 13

Re: Ventura Apple Mac Upgrade Ventura faults

Hi @IanReader1234 

We are sorry to hear that. McAfee is aware of the issue and working as fast to fix the issue. there should not be any impact on the functionality. We will keep you udpated on the progress. 

Please perform a clean re installation and update us the outcome. 

Regards
Magesh J

Hao
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Hello,

I met the same issue after upgrading to macos Ventura 13.0. (done on last Monday 31th October) I have the error message for Menulet. I did unstalled manually Macafee. I uploaded the last version version of macafee. Impossible to install: the install popup appeared and immediatly disappeared. No way to see the message. On the the Confidentiality and Security of the Mac, this install app is blocked. Even if I allow it with the admin pwd, I have the same problem.

Could you tell us when this bug will be fixed?  I have no internet security!

AudreyH63
Contributor II
Message 4 of 13

I am having the same issue with the McAfee Master Installer closing immediately after I enter my password to get access to it. It is impossible to re-install the app on Mac Ventura 13.

I uninstalled the app initially because the McAfee symbol on the top right of my screen had a red exclamation mark indicating my mac was at risk but when I checked the app itself, it said everything was fine. I decided to uninstall and am trying to re-install but am being met with the above issue. I am concerned that I have no internet security now.

Can I get some advice please?

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 13

Hi @AudreyH63 

We are sorry to hear that. McAfee is aware of it and working towards a resolution. We will keep you updated on the progress. 

Regards
Magesh J 

abeja
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

I have the same issue. It seems McAfee is always one step behind when it comes to Mac OS upgrades.

AudreyH63
Contributor II
Message 7 of 13

Hi @Magesh Magesh,

Is there any update on this please? It has been a week and I still cannot download the McAfee Software onto my MacBook after the Ventura upgrade. I have paid for mcafee to protect my device which it is not currently doing because Ventura is not supported by McAfee. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Audrey

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 13

Hi @AudreyH63 

McAfee is aware of it and working towards the resolution. Please do refer the below article that has more information on this. 

McAfee menu icon grayed out with red warning triangle on macOS Ventura 

Regards
Magesh J

JPWPhoenix
Contributor II
Message 9 of 13

I was about to post about this too. I recently installed the latest version of macOS onto my MacBook Pro and have been having all sorts of problems with McAfee Total Protection. This has only got worse since installing the latest update to macOS Ventura last night. I now can't even open Total Protection to check on it. I've tried repeatedly to download and completely reinstall it but, like others, the install window immediately appears and disappears when inputting my Admin password for my MacBook.

I really hope all these problems are fixed ASAP, as my MacBook is probably completely vulnerable right now!

rblanco47
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

I have the same problem.

I am having the same issue with the McAfee Master Installer closing immediately after I enter my password to get access to it. It is impossible to re-install the app on Mac Ventura 13.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community