cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 11 of 19

Re: VShieldScanner high Memory and CPU on Mac Monterey

You'd probably need to uninstall as this issue has been persistent with no communication by the developer of any incoming fix.

Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 19

Hi @Former Member 

It is an automated process and as per design. Please try disabling schedule scan option from the UI.  this tbs will address the high cpu usage. 

Regards
Magesh J

markeakin
Contributor II
Message 13 of 19

Thanks but please read the entire message I DID disable schedule scan. Please look at all of my messages in this thread and let me know what I can do. This is making McAfee worse than useless on my Mac.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 14 of 19

@Magesh 

You may want to submit this to the devops team because disabling schedule scan does NOT resolve the high CPU usage for MacOs.

markeakin
Contributor II
Message 15 of 19

I have no idea how to submit this to the devops team.

markeakin
Contributor II
Message 16 of 19

How would I submit this to the devops team? The software is really annoying. I'm encouraging anyone on Mac to go with any security software other than McAfee now. It seems McAfee has no interest in fixing this problem. Every week I have multiple incidents where I start running low on system memory. Multiple instances of VShieldScanner pop up out of nowhere and start hogging gigabytes to tens of gigabytes of system memory. 

I can't take this much longer.

Before you tell me to turn off scheduled scans again, please read my prior messages. I did that long ago and keep checking to make sure it is off. It is!

markeakin
Contributor II
Message 17 of 19

I spent an hour with a tech support last week who installed a new version from scratch. Guess what? A scheduled scan started 11:00 pm on Friday night. Now, on Sunday afternoon there is a 34GB instance (one of many) of VShieldScanner clogging my CPU. Nope. Problem not fixed.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 18 of 19

@markeakin Honestly, you're better off moving to another AV vendor, the issue doesn't seem like it will be resolved anytime soon.

yourmommy
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Hello guys! I have the same isuue, but we use the Cloud EPO version in the company with 2500 hosts. Does that issue can arises when a user with the problem have some suspicion software(i mean suspicios for mcafee %)). The problem was observed on the endpoints with JetBrain software (IDEA etc). 
Each time when the user run the software, the VScanner gona be crazy. Fill the 12-15gb of the memory and "eat" the 50-70% of the cpu. The best solution was - just delete the Thread Prevention module. But now we have some "spaces" in the security aspect.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community