cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travelinggeek
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: McAfee Firewall Mac

I have tried doing this many, many times.  Every time I try, once I click the home or office, the wheel spins and then after a few minutes McAfee console shuts down and when I open it again the firewall is back on, locked and still showing public network.  Very frustrating as I have to turn the firewall off to print or to backup to my network drive.  

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Travelinggeek

Kindly help us with some more information on this issue

1. You have mentioned McAfee console shut down. Are you getting any error like, "Falled to launch"?
  2. Your McAfee and Mac version
  3. If you have more unused network listed under wifi network, please remove them and keep only your network over there.
  4. Are you getting this issue on Wired or Wireless connection?
Travelinggeek
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your response.  I get no error message.  I click on firewall, unlock the firewall so I can make changes.  I'm on a wireless network.  The firewall is showing 2 networks.  There is an xfinitywifi showing as not connected, and that is in there as home or work.  It will not let me remove it.  Then my wireless network is showing and it is in there as public, which is why I can't connect to anything over my wireless network.  I try to change the wireless to home or work and as soon as I do the color wheel starts spinning and after about a minute, the window just disappears and another window opens up titled "Problem Report for Internet Security" and it has many lines showing exactly what happened.  It allows me to send to apple or not.  I've sent, but since it isn't their program, I have gotten nothing back from them.  My version of MAC is 10.13.16 and my version of McAfee is 4.2.2.0.   

Karthik_K
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Travelinggeek

Thank you for brining this new issue to our notice. We sent a private message to you, kindly reply to us.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community