cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_Machado
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

My Device isn't on the Protected Devices List

I've 3 devices on my account: an iphone, an ipad and a macbook.

Yesterday the Real-Time Scanning and the Firewall were suddenly turned off on my macbook and no matter how many times I've tried to change it to on it remained off, so I uninstalled it and tried to install it again. The first time I did this I didn't restart my mac and when the my macbook didn't show up on the device list I thought that was the problem so I uninstalled it again, but this time I restarted the macbook, and this time my mac showed up but I was in the same situation as before: Real-Time Scanning and Firewall off and I was again unable to turn it on. So, again I reinstalled the programme, restarting the macbook, and this time my macbook wasn't on the list off devices despise the little icon on saying "Your Mac is Secure". Again I reinstalled the program for the 4th time... same result. 

How do I fix this? Does this mean that my macbook isn't really secured? My other devices show up and I've had no problems with Real-Time Scanning or Firewall suddenly turning off...

There's another thing... On my account, when I log on on the browser, my macbook is shown on the protected devices. Why doesn't it shows on the console that is installed on the macbook?

2 Replies
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: My Device isn't on the Protected Devices List

Hello @M_Machado 

Due to nature of this incident we will help you resolve the issue privately. 

I have sent you a private message please check and respond.

Thanks,
Bharani

Brett7845
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: My Device isn't on the Protected Devices List

Hi, I have the same issue. How did you resolve? Thanks Brett

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community